Upstate NY Babies

Is Anyone a Nurse?

If so, could you have handled nursing school with a baby? 

I mentioned a while ago that I thought it would be fun to be an L&D nurse in addition to being a doula.  Now my DH wants me to go back to school to become a nurse instead of being a SAHM.  He all of a sudden doesn't think we will "ever be able to afford a house" on just his salary.  (Did I mention he is super dramatic?!)

I was just looking at the St. Joe's nursing school website and they have you taking at least 16.5 credits/semester which seems like a lot even without a LO.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Is Anyone a Nurse?

• i'm, not a nurse but stellabella is.  My bff just went through nursing school and she had a full time 40 hour/week job.  A lot of her classes were at night.  She went to a community college but it's a very competitive program and well respected.  i think it only got hard(time wise) when she did rotations(not sure if htat is what it's called)
  • I am :)

I have to say that it is an amazing and flexible job to have WITH kids, so if you can get thru the schooling part then you will be happy with the flexibility.

I have to be honest though. I think it definitely CAN be done, I know people who have done it, but it will be a challenge. It is a lot of work and you will definitely have to have someone to watch your LO.  The hours are long and there is a lot of work that you take home. It might be something you might want to consider when your LO is a little older. I would be happy to talk about it more. Please feel free to email me directly at nurseshannie at mac dot com.

Good luck! 

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"