Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Recommend a baby swing!

I want to purchase a baby swing for my 4 month old but I am not sure which kind to get.  Our house is small so I don't want a huge one and it does not need to have a million features.  I was kinda looking at Graco Luvin Hug or Graco Silhouette swings but I am not sure if they are good.  My son is about 11lbs so I assume he would be able to use it at least through the summer.  Any recommendations?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Recommend a baby swing!

• Options

We have this at my parent's:

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3368241

And this at our house:

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3090974

We like both.  DD started out with the Graco one.  That was the first place she was willing to sleep in and she would sometimes be in there for 3 hours!  We gave it to our parents since they watch her while we're at work.  We got the FP one off of craigslist for dirt cheap.  There's a "male" version of it that is the lamb.  Pretty much same features just not pink with a canopy.  We like that one as well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have the FP Rainforest one, and dd loves it still.  We like that it plugs in so we don't have to buy batteries.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have a Fisher Price Papsan (Natures Touch) and it's been a godsend.  In saying that, DD is getting a bit 'over' it lately and tries to vault herself out of it if she's not strapped in.  The days of four hour naps in the swing are o-ver.  lol
  • Options
    We have the FP Ocean Wonders and DS loves it, it could take a bit if space but it's worth it, it has lights, a mobile and a water globe, plus it comes with a tray. It has 3 positions, side to side and front to back left and right. It has an AC adaptor which makes it much convenient.
  • Options

What ever you decide to get make sure it has the AC adapter or that you can at least get one after market.  We started out with a great Fischer Price swing that we picked up gently used off of Craig's List.  DS loved it and slept in it for all his daytime naps.  But the battery life was horrible.  We replaced them at 1 month and then every 2 weeks after that.  After the 4th change we decided we needed to get the plug.  But the swing only runs on batteries.

We didn't want to get a new swing but we needed one that plugged in.  We lucked out and found someone selling a swing on Craig's List that was new in the box, but she couldn't return it when she didn't want it.

Read the reviews on BRU and amazon.com.  See what the people there have to say.  I, personally, only read the bad reviews.

• Options
    Anything...as long as it plugs in!  We spend so much money on D batteries it's insane!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"