Upstate NY Babies

Thawing out BM

So, E did not tolerate BM in the bottle (vomited it up everytime), which is when we finally switched to formula.  I did continue pumping until my supply dwindled, so we have a bunch frozen in the freezer.  I want to try mixing it in with his cereal.  I have bags of amounts from 2-7 oz.  What have you found to be the easier way to thaw it out?  and when does the thawed out BM have to be used by?  Thanks for any help. 
imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Thawing out BM

• I would thaw it is luke warm tap water.  Just place the bag in, it thaws very quickly.  Thawed BM is good for 24 hours in the fridge.  One hour after it has been warmed.
  • Ditto.  Although you could stretch it past 24 hours if needed.  I read somewhere (Kellymom maybe?) that it's basically ok to use until it smells/tastes sour.
    My first haircut!

Severe MFI - on to IVF w/ ICSI

IVF#1-2: BFN
    IVF#3: BFP! - 1/24: ET - 5d - 2 blasts - 2/02: Beta #1: 16.2 ...... 2/04: Beta #2: 35 ...... 2/09: Beta #3: 401.5 - I'm pregnant! - 2/13: u/s #1 - baby boy, due 10/12, born 10/16! ...... 8 lbs 0 oz, 22 inches! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I run it under cool water first to thaw it and then hot water to warm it up. Ditto what Cuteman said about how long it lasts.
    Lilypie Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Set the bag of milk in a cup or bowl of warm water. It usually warms pretty quickly! Just once it's thawed you've got to use the whole thing...you can't re-freeze it and if the whole amount gets warmed you can't put what you don't use back in the fridge either....so try using your smaller quantities first.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"