Babies: 3 - 6 Months

My unpop opinion

I think the Duggar's have WAAAAAAAAAY to many kids, and I hate the J name thing they did. I just think its weird. Its fine for 2-3 kids but friggin 19 kids with J names! UGH.

Flame away 

Re: My unpop opinion

• No flames here, I totally agree with you on this one.  At least they have the money to take care of them though...
  • I don't think it's an unpopular opinion, just an opinion.

To each their own.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree 1000000000%!
  • imageLeannaBanana512:
    No flames here, I totally agree with you on this one.  At least they have the money to take care of them though...

True, at least they can afford the kids. Unlike some ::shifty eyes at octomom:: 

• imageC_mommy:

imageLeannaBanana512:
    No flames here, I totally agree with you on this one.  At least they have the money to take care of them though...

My thoughts EXACTLY.

• imageLeannaBanana512:
    imageC_mommy:

imageLeannaBanana512:

My thoughts EXACTLY.

Or bringing them into a drama-rama rocky marriage (J&K+8)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i agree, 19 is a tad much. They do amazing things to be able to afford everything though. making their own soap, buying thrift store clothes...if only every family was this thrifty (myself included). Those kids will definitely grow up to be decent human beings I bet. 

Im frugal and all, but  need my internet and non-used shoes. 

• imagekimthgr8:

i agree, 19 is a tad much. They do amazing things to be able to afford everything though. making their own soap, buying thrift store clothes...if only every family was this thrifty (myself included). Those kids will definitely grow up to be decent human beings I bet. 

I don't want 19 kids, but I do like them.  They seem a lot healthier than other reality show families.

• I have no issue with the Duggars.  Wouldn't want to be them granted but they do a good job of caring for their kids.  They teach them values, service, etc.  When I think of all the kids born into unloving or abusive families it makes me wish there were more Duggars out there.
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • I have no problem with the Duggars.  Not the lifestyle I would choose, but they are fiscally responsible, have good values and actually seem pretty down to earth

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have never watched the show before tonight, but they seem like great people.  Yeah, I think it is totally nuts to have 19 kids.  That is not for me.  However, the kids all seem very well rounded.  They are gracious, caring, and giving.  It's nice to see such a neat family.

ETA  I don't think it's an unpopular opinion.  Wouldn't most people think it's nuts to have so many kids?  And the whole "J" thing irritates me too...

• I agree that they are probably the healthiest of all reality tv families.  I just can't fathom how you could possibly give all 19 kids the attention they need.  I mean at least one, or two, or more of them has to fall through the cracks.  You could probably go an entire week without talking to one of your children and not even realize it.
    imageimageimageimage
  • image*francisca*:
    I have no issue with the Duggars.  Wouldn't want to be them granted but they do a good job of caring for their kids.  They teach them values, service, etc.  When I think of all the kids born into unloving or abusive families it makes me wish there were more Duggars out there.

This!

• I love watching that show, they are such nice people and their lifestyle is so different than mine.

However, I hope they slow down here soon on the baby making. With the complications Michelle had with #19, and the fact she is 42/43yo, it doesnt seem too safe anymore 

• imagekimthgr8:

i agree, 19 is a tad much. They do amazing things to be able to afford everything though. making their own soap, buying thrift store clothes...if only every family was this thrifty (myself included). Those kids will definitely grow up to be decent human beings I bet. 

This is good and all, they are very thrifty, but when do the kids get NEW things just for themselves? They probably all wear hand-me-downs all the time, which isnt bad, so did I but I atleast got new things for myself and only for me instead of having to share everything with my brothers and sister. My SIL has 7 kids, and you can tell that the younger ones just want something that wasnt their older sisters for once. This past christmas I told one of them "oh what a cute Christmas outfit!" and she just looked at me and told me how her 3 other sisters wore it before her and the younger one is going to wear it after. I dont know, it just made me feel bad. Im rambling.

• I agree with you 100%. They seem like a really nice family but I dont see how all of those can get the attention they need from their parents. Plus she is getting older and with this latest baby she delivered early. I just dont think it's the best idea for mother or baby to be having that many kids. At some point they need to think about the kids they already have. If they feel the need to have more children, why not adopt and give a baby a home and family that might not have one?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"