Attachment Parenting
Options

Bed sharing...

What does it mean in your family?  Does LO sleep in a snuggle nest (or something similar)?  Does she sleep just in the bed?  

I'm just curious what others do... we have a snuggle nest, but she has to be really good and asleep to use it.  Otherwise she wants to be right ON one of us.

IMG_3932

Re: Bed sharing...

• Options

He was in a safe and secure sleeper but just recently outgrew it.

He now sleeps in the crook of my arm. I feel comfortable now that he's older and much bigger. I wouldn't sleep with him without the snugglenest when he was tiny.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We bed-shared until 20 weeks. She was just in bed with us. I didn't use a pillow for a while, and made sure DH had his away from DD.. and we each used separate blankets so that one shared blanket wouldn't get accidentally pulled up to DD's level. She liked to be snuggled right up with me. I loved it, and miss her being in bed with us!! We made the switch to her crib because the bigger she got, the more squirmy she became and she would always end up turning herself totally perpendicular to us.. and I was always the one who got the feet end of the deal! I wasn't getting quality sleep, and DH wasn't either. 

Confession: She's been in her crib for 2 1/2 weeks now (and rockin' it, BTW!), and I have been sleeping in the guest room right next to her nursery every night since. I miss her. :( 

• Options
    Newborn she was on my chest. Now she is swaddled and just on the mattress.
  • Options

DS can ONLY sleep on his side smooshed up against me. Some nights when he is REALLY out I can scoot away. But I honestly love the snuggles more than anything. When he was really tiny, he slept in the snuggle nest but we might as well have put him in his PnP because he woke up constantly. Now that he is bigger, he just snuggles up with us. 

• Options
    It's always been in the bed with me and DH. Like ncbelle, as a newborn, she'd sleep in the crook of my arm. Now, she either sleeps beside me or sometimes drapes herself across me.
  • Options
    When DD was tiny, she slept on my chest or in the crook of my arm.  Now, she sleeps on the mattress.  Sometimes she wants to snuggle up to me and some nights she rolls away.  DH and I both love bedsharing with DD.  We are not looking to transition her to a crib anytime soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    She sleeps snuggled right next to me. :)
  • Options

Keevs starts out the night in her PnP or ARC (depending on which house we're at), but then she comes in bed with me for her first feed and stays until I get up.

We always fall asleep nursing, so shes always smooshed up super close to my breast. 

When I roll over and she's between DH an I, I sleep with my arm around her so that if he starts to roll, or a pillow or something falls, then I wake up ASAP. We actually don't sleep with DH very much because of our current house situation, but he's SUPER careful and attentive to where she is, esp. considering how deep of a sleeper he normally is!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    For the first 5ish months dd slept on my chest on a recliner. Then we moved into bed with daddy. Were awful, blankets, pillows and all. She hated being under the covers and wiggles on top of them.
  • Options
    She just sleeps on the bed with us, DH & I just use separate blankets and I scoot her closer to me since DH tends to be a heavier sleeper.
    Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

• Options

Sometimes he sleeps in the snuggle nest on our bed, and other times we'll put the snuggle next inside his PnP, which is right next to our bed.  He gets his best sleep though when he sleeps on my chest.  That's my favorite way for him to sleep too, but I can't do it every night as it is hard for me to sleep on my back for that long night after night.

Jack Donovan, b. Christmas Eve, 2009.

imagemonkeybuttjunction image

• Options
    imageMrsBeckO:

Confession: She's been in her crib for 2 1/2 weeks now (and rockin' it, BTW!), and I have been sleeping in the guest room right next to her nursery every night since. I miss her. :( 

This is what I think will happen to me as well!  We decided when DS is 4 months and hopefully taking fewer but longer naps we will start putting him in the crib for naps and when he goes down at night.  He only sleeps for 4 hours so after that just bring him into bed.  But if he starts STTN, I think I will feel sad and miss him!

Lilypie First Birthday tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"