2nd Trimester

He's going to come out screaming b/c that is what mommy does best right now!!

I'm really scared that my poor little baby is going to be traumatized by my hormonal mood swings after he is born. I don't know what to do with myself. I had been able to calm down since the first trimester where I really thought I was going to lose my wits... and it's baaacckkkk all of a sudden.

I think with all the excitement and pressure building I feel like I don't have the support from the person I need it most. I told him today that our son isn't going to know anything else but us arguing with each other. Some of the issues boil down to my timeline of when things need to get done and his not conforming to my idea of what our timeline should be.

Yes, I'm apparently nesting. I'm coming up on 25 weeks and the office has not magically transformed itself into a nursery. We haven't ordered a crib. Only a few clothing items and nursery blankets have been purchased.

Am I being unreasonable to want to get things done!? I can't do it all on my own but I feel like that is what is ultimately going to happen. Unfortunately, I cannot touch a thing in his office b/c I know how important it all is for his work. Of course we argue about the cost of things too. These were all things we considered before making the wonderful decision to get pregnant and be parents!

Can I be put on some sort of pregnant ladies safe valium or xanax?! Or is there a way to talk myself out of screaming and hurting little Garrett's developing ears! I want him to be happy to come home. LOL. :*(

Re: He's going to come out screaming b/c that is what mommy does best right now!!

• Well in terms of getting stuff done...  I think 25 weeks is still early in terms of nursery prep.  I haven't purchased or done a single thing yet and don't plan on it until after my shower in April.  So just try to relax, perhaps your DH doesn't see why the need to get everything started right now when there's 4 months to go.  I hope you guys are able to work things out!
  • So sorry :(  There is nothing worse than stressful pregnancy hormones than dealing with a hormonal man...kidding.  Could you two sit down together and make a timeline?  Find out what he can do first and maybe put some dates down on a calendar with his input too.  I know if something is my dh's "idea" he is alot more willing to jump in and get involved.   Maybe you could pick the top 5 things you want done and talk about when they will get started.   I remember totally stressing about getting things done last time too, so it is completely natural!   For your sanity sake, take a friend out to do some of the shopping and have fun with it.  Leave your man at home sorting his papers.  Wink
  • Loading the player...
  • I know where you are. I would call my DH freaking out substantially. I was afraid the baby would come and it would have to sleep in a laundry basket of towels. DH made me sit and make a list of all the baby stuff I would need. He had me do all the research and find the stuff I like. We are tight on finances so when we find something on sale we will pick it up. Most things I'm just waiting for my baby shower in April and whatever we don't get we will buy then.

Don't worry, You will have time. I don't like to get religious on a public forum, but it was the only thing that made me calm down, was to keep thinking God will make everything happen when it needs to. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageBNBB08:
    Well in terms of getting stuff done...  I think 25 weeks is still early in terms of nursery prep.  I haven't purchased or done a single thing yet and don't plan on it until after my shower in April.  So just try to relax, perhaps your DH doesn't see why the need to get everything started right now when there's 4 months to go.  I hope you guys are able to work things out!

I know... I really do know this. I mean, there are four whole entire months until my projected due date... but for some reason, and maybe it is because this little fellar is our first I'm so anxious to get things done so he doesn't come home to an empty room. Fortunately, we had our argument and talked it over a bit like always and I'm calm again. I'm going to really put more effort into seeing it from his side of the picture.

• imagenooniesgal:
    So sorry :(  There is nothing worse than stressful pregnancy hormones than dealing with a hormonal man...kidding.  Could you two sit down together and make a timeline?  Find out what he can do first and maybe put some dates down on a calendar with his input too.  I know if something is my dh's "idea" he is alot more willing to jump in and get involved.   Maybe you could pick the top 5 things you want done and talk about when they will get started.   I remember totally stressing about getting things done last time too, so it is completely natural!   For your sanity sake, take a friend out to do some of the shopping and have fun with it.  Leave your man at home sorting his papers.  Wink

This is an amazing idea. He is all about his way... maybe that is why we bump heads so much. Shocker - I love getting my way too. Oiy! The list is definitely something that could work though. And lists' always calm me down. :o) Thank you so much. Outside opinions are beautiful!

• imageKKWISC:

I know where you are. I would call my DH freaking out substantially. I was afraid the baby would come and it would have to sleep in a laundry basket of towels. DH made me sit and make a list of all the baby stuff I would need. He had me do all the research and find the stuff I like. We are tight on finances so when we find something on sale we will pick it up. Most things I'm just waiting for my baby shower in April and whatever we don't get we will buy then.

Don't worry, You will have time. I don't like to get religious on a public forum, but it was the only thing that made me calm down, was to keep thinking God will make everything happen when it needs to. 

Hahaha... I told him he would be holding Garrett all night while I tried to sleep because he is the reason our crib will be 6 mos late to our own baby's birth! Told you I'm going crazy! I'm patiently trying to wait for the shower in March. I think that will help jump start him into preparing the room and everything else. Now if I could only get him to pick up a childbirth/parenting book! Yes, I've officially lost my mind if I think that would actually happen!

God is great. He made this little miracle happen - let's hope he can help me keep my faith and nerves calm! Thanks!

• It might be a little bit early to be stressing over this, but if it's important to you, your SO should try to be more understanding. I found that the best way to motivate my DH to get the spare bedroom remodeled when I was pregnant with DS2 was to go in there and start doing it myself. He'd start feeling all guilty that is pregnant wife was in there peeling wallpaper/pulling carpet/scrubbing hardwood floors on hands and knees that he'd come in and get it done really fast so I would stop. I don't think we really started working on it until the last 8 weeks or so though. And if it's not all done when your LO arrives, he'll never know the difference. The baby will be happy as long as he's fed, clean and loved. The nursery is of little consequence in the grand scheme of things.
  • It will affect your baby.  It's called epigenetics.  I've been doing lots of reading on it.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"