1st Trimester

Exercise- menstrual like cramps

I just got my BFP last week; that week and this week, whenever I jog, I get cramps that feel like those before my period. It scares me a bit..is this normal? My jogging isn't too much exertion, I'm sure...just my usual workout. I keep fearing it's a chemical pregnancy (I am only a few days late, but did get 3 BFP in HPT) bc my reading says those could show bfp and then start a week later...is any of this normal?

Re: Exercise- menstrual like cramps

• Call your OB & ask.

I've been told it's normal to have dull/pulling cramps - it's your uterus growing. They can be pretty uncomfortable.

With exercise, it's important to not get your heart rate up above 140 bpm. You might feel more comfortable keeping it around 120 bpm? (I'm sure everyone is different). 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageHeatherLilly2004:

Call your OB & ask.

I've been told it's normal to have dull/pulling cramps - it's your uterus growing. They can be pretty uncomfortable.

With exercise, it's important to not get your heart rate up above 140 bpm. You might feel more comfortable keeping it around 120 bpm? (I'm sure everyone is different). 

For the 178,968,756th time, the 140 bpm max is very outdated.  Just don't overexert yourself to the point of gasping for air, overheating or pain.  You should be able to talk somewhat during your workout.  My heartrate during a normal run is about 150-165bpm.

OP-as for the cramping, maybe ask your doctor.  I had them for a few weeks after my BFP, especially after runs.  First, it is normal to have some cramping early in pregnancy since things are growing and changing.  Second, I found that drinking more water alleviated them.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I had menstrual like cramps the few weeks after BFP.  I was really worried but found out it is totally fine.  I'm 9 weeks and still get them from time to time.  Try to relax and enjoy!!
  • Call your OB.

The same thing happened to me to during my 1st pregnancy so the Dr did not allow me to exercise until the second trimester (and I had to stop again on my third trimester.) The only thing I could do was prenatal yoga (which cannot even b called exercise)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"