Success after IF
Options

Last prometrium pill tonight...freaked a little :/

My last prometrium capsule is tonight.  I'm slightly freaked about not taking it anymore.  I've taken it everyday since before I knew I was pregnant.  I get alittle freaked whenever I deviate from something I've been doing...

It is going to be ok, right?

Ever heard of anyone having problems after coming off it?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Last prometrium pill tonight...freaked a little :/

• Options

Oh gosh... 14 weeks already?!  You're golden!  Don't worry at all.   I quit at 11 weeks and never once had a problem.

Congrats!

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

i totally freaked about going off my p4.  i was on PIO *and* prometrium which was a little silly but my RE agreed to it b/c he knew how much better it would make me feel.  i went off  all of it by 10w, and had absolutely no s/e as a result.

i think you're in good shape :)  your baby's placenta is making plenty of p4 now, you are ready to let it take over!  congrats on this milestone!!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

Our successful cycle was IVF #2: Microdose Lupron Flare Protocol - 2 beautiful blasts transferred.

email me: gretchela@hotmail.com
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I took crinone instead of prometrium, but I was so nervous to stop too!  I stopped at 12 weeks and had no problem.  I did feel a little crampier for a day or two after being off, which probably had nothing to do with stopping the progesterone, was probably just the usual stretching.  But no spotting/bleeding at all.  I think almost everyone feels the same way you do, but I promise you'll be fine :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I didn't use prometrium, but I was on PIO until 14 weeks. I came off of it with no trouble. Good luck! Sounds like things are going great so far - so glad to hear it!
  • Options
    totally natural to be nervous, but i'm sure you're totally fine being out of the first tri now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Good luck!  I've been on Prometrium since 2 dpiui as well, and I'll probably get a little paranoid when I have to go off it.

• Options
    Everything is going to be okay.  I was worried, too, but the OB assured me that my risk of miscarriage has lowered to some miniscule percentage after we had been able to hear the heart beat.  At some point, your placenta is taking over doing what the capsules did.  
  • Options
    ditto all the pp....I was so scared....I went off at 6 weeks since my levels were so high....your body just takes over.  Good Luck
  • Options
    I stopped all drugs (endometrin, vivelle, and estrace) at 12 weeks.  I was nervous too but I haven't had any spotting, etc. By 14 weeks your placenta is definitely doing its job so I think you'll be fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"