Georgia Babies
Options

Crap... here we go again

Gavin's got another cough.  Right now, it is nothing more than a clear runny nose and the cough is definitely from the sinus drainage.  I am super paranoid this time because I am leaving for St. Thomas for work for 4 days tomorrow and the thought of him being sick while I'm gone is stressing me out.  For any other kid, I would just shrug it off as a cold- but I know how fast that can change for him and I can't help but be worried.  I feel like the kid hasn't had a "normal" cold in a year- one that didn't turn into pneumonia, but I know that's not true.  We've already started breathing treatments and zyrtec.  I'll put the humidifier in his room tonight and hopefully we will be able to keep it at bay.  Cross some fingers for us, ok?

Re: Crap... here we go again

• Options
    You guys can't seem to catch a break!  I hope he feels better soon, and it doesn't progress to pneumonia. 
  • Options
    Aw poor Gavin! I hope you can keep it at bay. I agree you guys need to catch a break. Feel better Gavin!
    Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I hope he gets better soon.  But on a side note, I was curious, is there any relation to him having pneumonia and the pneumothorax issue he had when he was born?  I wonder if it makes him more susceptible to pneumonia?
  • Options
    oh no....SC had a cold before we went on vacation last week and it turned to nothing...so hopefully same will happen to you.  
  • Options
    Oh no! I would be worried about that too. I hope that it's just a simple cold and doesn't progress into something more. It must be hard having a job that sends you to St Thomas in the middle of winter. :-)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
  • Options
    Oh no! Poor Garvina nd mommy. Bailey started coughing yesterday too. He's got major drainage and I'm hoping it doesn't turn into anything more.
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I've got my fingers crossed for you! You guys have had it so rough with the respiratory stuff. I hope this one is nothing more than a cold and you can relax a bit while you are in St. Thomas :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016
    missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

• Options
    Sorry he's feeling bad and hopefully this will turn out to be a "normal" cold.  I'm sure it's stressful knowing that you'll be leaving tomorrow, but try not to worry too much.  Hope he feels better asap.
  • Options
    I so feel for you.  It's never a simple cold with Ethan, either.  We always end up having to do breathing treatments.  I sure hope that Gavin feels better soon, and I hope that you won't be worried your whole trip.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"