Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Supplementing w/Formula -- need help!

We moved overseas 4 weeks ago and my milk supply has greatly diminished, partly due to I think the high stress of the move. I have been taking a tea to get my supply back up but it still doesn't seem to be the same. My baby used to sleep for 5-6 hrs at night with only breastmilk. Now she is sleeping barely in 3 hour intervals and is giving me signs she is still hungry. I have tried 3 different formulas -- she won't take and I tried to mix part formula and part breastmilk and she still refuses. I know she is hungry and not satisified by the end of the day with just my breastmilk and wants more.

Any advice?

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Supplementing w/Formula -- need help!

• My milk supply sucks and nothing has really helped. We've been using Enfamil Gentlease with good results for the last two months. My friend who breastfed for almost a year needed just a bit of supplementing towards the end of her baby's first year and I THINK she told me that she used Good Start - her baby wouldn't take anything else.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm sorry, this sounds miserable. I guess just keep trying and eventuallly she'll take it. Maybe just keep trying formulas until you find one she doesn't mind. Good luck.
  • Loading the player...
  • Unfortunately in Swizterland they don't have Good Start or Enfamil. They have Aptimal though :) I guess I will keep trying and yeah it does suck. :(
  • Is it the formula itself or the method of feeding that your LO's rejecting? Will DC normally take a bottle of EBM? If not, then try the SNS system with the formula.
  • what os the sns system?
  • imageSwitzerland:
    what os the sns system?
    . It's a tiny tube you place with the opening right at your nipple. LO latches on like normal and you slowly push formula through the tube.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • so sorry that you are going through this.  will she take a bottle from someone else with the mixture? 

i have been supplementing with similac organic mixed with BM and DS has done well but he had to start taking a botle from DH.  i have also heard that carnation good start is a good way to start.  i know you mentioned you can get it but maybe you could order it online or have someone in the US send it to you?  try diapers.com

GL!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"