Breastfeeding
Options

Breastfeeding and Travel

I'll be traveling out of the country w/ out my LO.  Does anyone know the rules on pumping on a plane or bringing milk back w/ you?  I'll be going to Mexico.  TIA. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyName Ticker

Re: Breastfeeding and Travel

• Options
    I just went on a short business trip this last week.  I just let the security know I had pumped breastmilk.  There isn't a limit on the amount you can have with you, regardless of whether you have your LO with you or not, but some TSA agents may not know that.  GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Not sure if its at every airport, but the major ones I have been to have a "Family & Medical Issue" line at the security check point where you can take BM with you and Ive had it screened once.  Just tell them when you get to security
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    according to tsa there is no limit to the amount of breast milk you can take w/ you. i traveled on a short flight but had to pump on the plane. let the flight attendant know so people don't start to bang on the bathroom door!  oh and take "closed system" ice packs just in case they get weary about the liquid.  and go thru the family/medical line like pp said. i had a screener ask me what it was but they were fine once inspected
  • Options

I went home for the holidays to the States and travelled with breast milk both ways.  They're totally fine with whatever amount of BM you bring, just declare it.  They're more skeptical over the food, rather than the milk.  I believe the TSA websites recommend gel ice packs rather than the liquid....but again, I had no problems.

good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"