Preemies

I chickened out. How bad was the Duggar show?

I couldn't watch it, but I dvr'd it so that eventually when I get some brass ones I can watch it. How bad was it?

Re: I chickened out. How bad was the Duggar show?

• well, I'm still crying but that could be hormones....  It was tough to watch but they really didn't spend the whole show on that story, there was also a lot about the rest of the family.
  • Oh, and I wish I'd watched it without DH.  He kept asking me if I was ok and I ended up yelling at him to leave me alone... Not a normal reaction I know, but I just wanted to cry in peace.
  • Loading the player...
  • The end is the most difficult part. 

• imagemhop:
    Oh, and I wish I'd watched it without DH.  He kept asking me if I was ok and I ended up yelling at him to leave me alone... Not a normal reaction I know, but I just wanted to cry in peace.

DH wasn't sure if he wants to see it. I'm thinking I might just cuddle up with Olivia tomorrow morning and watch it. Maybe if she's cooing and smiling and all it will be a good balance...

• I chickened out too. I didn't feel like crying tonight
  • I honestly wish it had shown more of the NICU and explained more about the baby's medical conditions, etc. It was really more about Michelle being in the hospital and having to deliver early than about the baby. It was sad though, but I was expecting more.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It was not as bad as I thought, but I expected them to focus the whole episode on Michelle and Josie.?

And agreed. The end was the hardest part.?

• imageMillion$$Baby:
    I honestly wish it had shown more of the NICU and explained more about the baby's medical conditions, etc. It was really more about Michelle being in the hospital and having to deliver early than about the baby. It was sad though, but I was expecting more.

This.  I kind of felt like they sugar coated it by not really talking about/showing the bad stuff.. aka: the real stuff.  It reminded me of all the "Mom and baby are doing fine" articles.  They did show previews of the rest of the season though so maybe they'll focus more on NICU life than just the delivery and the events leading up to it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I DVR'd it and ended up watching it about an hour after it aired.  McKenna had fallen asleep so I was able to cuddle up with her and cry in peace-DH isn't home right now.  It was pretty sad, but since they didn't focus on just Michelle and Josie the entire time, I got a few breaks from crying.  The show wasn't as bad as I thought it would be-maybe if the whole show had been about them or showed more after she was born (like right at the very end) it would have been worse.  It looks like Tuesday's show with the season premiere could be worse, showing more of Josie in the hospital.  I never really used to watch their show before, but I set up a recording on the DVR-I'm curious to see how it is portrayed.

• the majority of the show was business as usual with their trip to El Salvador and the kids being maniacs. they did a good job with how scary pre-e can be i though.

Rowen Alexander born 10 weeks early 1/28/07

www.4wquestions.blogspot.com
  • The end was the hardest part for me. And also seeing Josie being born. I lost it at the end.
    Conceived twins with IVF January 2008. Lost baby a at 20 1/2 weeks due to premature rupture of membranes and held onto baby b. Baby b (Brandon) born at 26 weeks and 1 day on July 5, 2008. Wesley born full term on June 29, 2011. My blog http://karenandstu.blogspot.com Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image
  • I found the show very hard to watch. When they showed the text that her blood pressure spiked and seeing Jim-Bob's reaction, that was horrible.

I am not trying to be controversial, but I have to hand it to Jim-Bob for thanking God even in that horrible situation. I admit that I was angry, very angry at God. I was angry then and I was angry again when Nate got NEC. I should not have been so angry, I survived and so did Nate and I should have been grateful, but at the time I felt so sorry for myself and my baby. I have made peace since then and I've learned so much, but I did not feel as faithful as he did at that point, I felt miserable and let down.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"