2nd Trimester
Options

Bumper's

Re: Bumper's

• Options

nope.

If by chance it becomes an issue when she starts rolling, we might add a breathable one. But thats it.

• Options
    We're not ... even though MIL was practically distraught over it. Stick out tongue
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We didn't until DD was about four months or so and would end up with her limbs sticking out of the crib which made her upset (rightfully so).  So we bought a breathable bumper.  I love it.  And we'll be doing the same for baby #2.
    imageimage

Children Photography Photo Credit: Heather Barta Photography

• Options
    I will probably add a breathable once LO can roll around. Until then, nothing. 
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    we used one in the beginning then when dd became a active roller and had to sleep up against the side of the crib we switched to a breathable bumper
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm currently planning on a breatheable bumper
  • Options

imagesarahgoetz8885:
    We're not ... even though MIL was practically distraught over it. Stick out tongue

Mine was too.  She looked at me like I had three heads!  I tried explaining the reasoning, but all I got was, "But, the theme!  Matching set!" Stuff like that.  Big Smile

• Options

I am thinking about not buying a set and just buy the seperate pieces. My fear with the breathable ones is that they will look cheap... Do they look okay/nice when they are on the crib?  Obviously safety is the most important but it would be a bonus if they still looked nice.

• Options
    imageToBeMcInerney:

I am thinking about not buying a set and just buy the seperate pieces. My fear with the breathable ones is that they will look cheap... Do they look okay/nice when they are on the crib?  Obviously safety is the most important but it would be a bonus if they still looked nice.

Seperate pieces are definitely a good way to go, especially since the only thing in those sets useful is the sheet:)    I find that nothing looks nice on the crib - but, maybe I'm a minimalist.     I don't use bumpers of any kind:)

• Options
    I bought a crib skirt and crib sheets as separates and I'm not planning on using a bumper.
    Cole Alexander 6.9.10
  • Options
    imageToBeMcInerney:

We just bought a plain pink sheet that matches the crib bumper and I think it looks fine.  The pink matches the scheme of the room.  And really, hardley anyone goes into DD's room besides DH and I.

imageimage

Children Photography Photo Credit: Heather Barta Photography

• Options
    I used one last time but think this time I will pass on it or get a breathable
  • Options

I was still in the dark about wtf a crib bumper was... so I googled it and found this https://babyproducts.about.com/od/recallsandsafety/a/bumpersafety.htm

the gist of the article? apparently, crib bumpers are bad.

• Options

I got a bedding set that came with bumpers, I have plans to put them in the crib until the baby stops needing to be swaddled. Once that happens, I'll switch them out for a breathable bumper. I already have plans to transform my bumpers in nursery decorations to go with my whole "jungle" theme, which is why I got the bedding set to begin with.

I found a nice breathable bumper on Amazon that doesn't look cheap at all, if that helps.

• Options
    Baby #3 and I have never had one yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"