Georgia Babies

Video Monitor recs?

Well I'm starting our registry since we're headed to TX next month and thanks to everyone for their FANTASTIC must haves and don't buys!  SO HELPFUL!

So a handful of my girlfriends swear by video monitors.  Does anyone have any experience with them - good or bad?  And what brand do you have.

TIA!

Re: Video Monitor recs?

• we LOVE our summer infant monitor...

we have it with the 2.5 inch screen which makes a huge difference! BRU doesn't sell it- you can find it on amazon and buybuybaby.com and some other stores carry it, but be sure to ask for or look for the 2.5 inch screen. 

it has been dropped MULTIPLE times and still works great- we love it- been using it for 22 months and buying another one for baby #2 since we want two monitors for each child.... 

• I love the summer infant day and night.  I think a lot of girls recommend this monitor, it is just awesome!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We also have the Summer Infant 2.5 handheld and love it.  We added a 2nd camera for ds and it works like a charm.  4 years and still going strong.  
  • https://www.buy.com/prod/wireless-baby-monitor-color-camera-kit-w-pan-tilt-infrared-night/q/loc/111/212794392.html 

We have this one. You can't find it in baby stores but we got ours from buy.com and LOVE it. The camera moves left/right, up/down by touching the handheld monitor. It was a crystal clear picture. The other big reason we got it is b/c our nieghbors have had issues with picking up other babies in the neighborhood on their summer infant video monitors and the graco one. We've never gotten anyone else on the video monitor.

BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Summer infant day/night handheld video monitor 1000%!!!!

I did not have this right away. I got it when not being able to see DS was interfearing with sleep training and I wish I had gotten it from the getgo. IMO it helps sleep training b/c you can see them and what they are doing and see if they need you or if they need to work it out on their own. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this monitor we plan to add a camera when #2 comes along. DH and I both agree that this was the hands down best baby item purchase we made. Get the 2.5in screen.

Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I do love our Summer Infant handheld BUT we have a lot of babies in our neighborhood and in the houses on either side of us, and we have A LOT of interference. 

I just got the summer infant digital monitor for baby #2, and hopefully b/c it is digital it will not have interference.  I haven't tried it yet though.

• I love our Summer Best View Handheld. Its digital, so no interference.
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imageMissSweetestTea:

we LOVE our summer infant monitor...

we have it with the 2.5 inch screen which makes a huge difference! BRU doesn't sell it- you can find it on amazon and buybuybaby.com and some other stores carry it, but be sure to ask for or look for the 2.5 inch screen. 

it has been dropped MULTIPLE times and still works great- we love it- been using it for 22 months and buying another one for baby #2 since we want two monitors for each child.... 

Ditto!  Bigger screen rocks!

• Thank you so much Ladies such a help! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"