Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

No flames please - I need support

OK... no flaming allowed. I don't mean to offend anyone here, so PLEASE don't take it that way.

I am returning to work tomorrow and have really mixed feelings.  On the one hand, I will be back amongst my peers who I enjoy.  I got my current job just a few months before DS was born and I really like it.... I left a position where I was completely miserable.  So at least I'm going back to a place I like.  On the other hand, I am leaving the house.  My whole life I have kind of secretly wanted to be a housewife/mom.  I obviously continued with my education, but that plan never really left the back of my mind.  And now that I've done it for 2 months, I don't want to leave it.  I love taking care of the house and the baby.  I take so much pride in everything I do at home... more so than the average woman I think.  I've always been old fashioned deep down and I guess I just wish that I could live out my ideal life.

The other part is that I may eventually back down to part time.  We could easily do it financially (DH just likes knowing we have a lot more money than we need).  I think I would be happy with that at least.  But who knows.  Working full time might be what I need.  Maybe I will take more pride in being able to be a working mom and create my perfect home life.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: No flames please - I need support

• Options
    As much as I enjoyed being home with LO, I was never made to be the housewife type.  Being out of the house and amongst the real world being back in school has made me such a better, much more relaxed Mommy.  Honestly, for me, it was one of the best choices I made.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I understand completely, I have always wanted the same thing. My mom was a SAHM and ran an in home daycare while I was growing up. I would love to do something similar. However, DH and I do not have jobs that make enough on their own to support our family. He's a firefighter and I am a teacher and between our mortgage and car payments we cut it close every month and that's with both of us working. So, starting next week it's back to work I go!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

No flames here, momma. I feel the same way! I love being home and wish I could do it forever...unfortunately student loan payments loom...

No one should flame you for this...to each their own. Some people like to work, some people like to stay home. Totally a personal choice. 

• Options
    I'm in the same boat! I have 2 children that require constant care and I'm scared to let someone else (even though its my mother) watch them. I agree with the wanting to be a housewife but we also do not make NEAR enough money for what we do have and I have to return to work however I'm going back at part time cause there is not enough aspirin in this world for me to be able to work full time with what we have.
  • Options
    No flames here. I thought that I wanted to be SAHM for almost all of my life, but after DS was born I just don't see how I could not go out of my mind. Don't get me wrong, I love my son and enjoy the time with him, but I find myself needing adult contact and mind stimulation. As it gets closer for me to go back I'm kind of bumming that I can't just stay at home with him. I guess I want it all. I would love to be part time, hopefully someday in the future that can happen for us.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    No flames from me! I feel the same way but it's not financially possible. I love staying home with my LO & being a housewife but then at the same time I think it will be a good balance working. But staying home would definitely win if I had to choose!
  • Options

I've always been a career person and worked tons!  I also got married a little later in life and had DS later.  So I was used to just being a career person.  But I knew that when I got pregnant that I wanted to be a SAHM.  I am also more traditional than many of my friends and like keeping house, cooking, etc.  

If you can work part-time, maybe that would be a good compromise.  They are so little for such a short time. I figure I have the rest of my life to work.  We want a second.  So when they are both older, around 3, I want to send them to daycare and work part-time.

Well, best of luck!  I'm sure you'll figure it out.  I guess you can go back full-time and see what happens! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"