Success after IF

Remember when...

...you were ttc #1 and people would make comments about when you would have a baby?  Remember how it stung to hear those comments when you were struggling with IF?  Well I feel as if that is starting all over again with me but with ttc #2.  People are starting to ask when we are going to have another, telling us we aren't getting any younger, etc.  Even my mom said that we should hurry up and have another one.  I am usually pretty laid back when it comes to IF because I understand that my infertility isn't always on other people's minds.  So usually I can just blow off the comments.  But sometimes I want to scream, "I am still infertile.  Having the first baby has not cured me.  I want another baby so bad it hurts, and having it brought up over and over again doesn't help!"  Anyone else dealing with this?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Remember when...

• We have just decided to officially start trying again this month so the agony of defeat hasn't hit me again yet and therefore I probably have too optimistic of a perspective but basically at this point I am just really honest with people.  When they ask I say we really hope to have another one but it took 3 years and IVF to get Garrison so I need to be realistic and accept that it may not happen but that we are planning to go back to the RE soon to give it a shot.  Usually people shut up at that point.

Hope it happens for you soon and people start using a little more sensitivity.

• I could ditto this but it's my FIL who asks when we are going to have another and adds that having them close together is good (he knows how we have to go about having children).

I'm sorry your dealing with this too:(

For DD - IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP / For DS - dIUI #1 - BFP Dx:severe MFI-Y Chromosome Microdeletion Isabel born 10-15-08! / Baby Boy EDD July 2013 imageLily  pie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I am...I'm getting all sorts of questions "Do you plan on having more?",  "It's time for #2!", "When are you going to have another?"  These questions keep getting harder and harder, the longer we've been TTC #2. 

My parents haven't asked as they know my issues.  MIL hasn't asked.  Step-MIL kept hinting that I should have I girl...kept referencing "when Evan's sister is here"...she even signed me up for an American Girls catalog.  So annoying. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    TTC #2 since 9/09 --- mild PCOS; Endometriosis
    IUI x4 = BFN
    IVF = sometime in 2012
  • I'm sorry :(  I get the opposite.  I get "So I guess you're done having kids" because you know, I have two and that's all you get.  I am done but why do they have to say it? 

I hope you do get pg with  #2 very soon but not because of them but because you want it. 

twin girls after 43 months of TTC.. Katherine Emily (5 lbs 12 oz 19 1/4 in) and Karly Elizabeth (5lbs 7 oz 19 in) imageLilypie!!My bio!! !!My Blog!! imageimage

• I get a double whammy these days.. either I get the F/F that are not close to us that DON'T know our struggles, and they harp about our age and how aold Ava's getting without a brother or sister..

or they know what's going on, and I get this pathetic stupid head-cocked to one side sad face that says "any luck with that broken pathetic baby making machine of yours???"

then there's the guilt for wanting more, when we have such an amazing child already...

uugh.

more cheese for my whine, please.

Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
  • I am there.  We plan on doing IVF this summer and it is not that far away, but this will be our only shot.  We are OOP and it is making me really anxious waiting around for it.  I am back to the place where when I hear about friends or colleagues becoming PG I feel the sting of IF.  I hope someday I can just be happy for others who become PG without struggling. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

After 21 cycles, and severe MFI, we finally did it with IVF #1 w/ICSI! Nico arrived 12/3/08!!!
    TTC for #2: IVF w/ICSI #2-4/17/10-BFN; IVF w/ICSI #3; 7/4/10-BFP!!! Beta #1- 96; Beta #2-528; Beta #3- 7371; 6w,5d-blited ovum=D&C :(
    IUI #2 1/10/11-BFN; IUI #3 2/18/11-BFN
    IVF #4 w/ICSI & PICSI ER 5/13/11, ET 5/1/118-BFP!! Natalee arrived on 1/23/12!!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Blog: Miracles Can Happen
    Parenthood Blog: The Adventures of Nico & Natalee
  • I'm not going through this yet, but my sister got comments on a daily basis on how my niece needed a sibling, and she wasn't getting any younger, and it is good to keep them close in age, etc.  It was enough to drive her crazy and she was already struggling to get pregnant.  I hope those comments quit coming soon!
  • imagembs427:

MIL hasn't asked.  Step-MIL kept hinting that I should have I girl...kept referencing "when Evan's sister is here"...she even signed me up for an American Girls catalog.  So annoying. 

Seriously????  An American Girl's catalog?  That is just taking it too far!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"