Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

car seat placement?

I was wondering what works best for the placement of the car seat. Do you like having the car seat behind the driver seat or behind the passenger seat?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: car seat placement?

• Options
    We have it behind the passenger seat.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I heard you're not suppose to put it behind the driver seat. I have it behind the passenger seat and it works fine.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When we had our car seat inspected we were told to always put the seat in the center. So that is where we have it placed for both cars
  • Options
    Everything I read said the center was the safest place, so that's where ours are.  We actually have to get in the car and sit down to get her in and out, but if it's safer, it's worth it.
  • Options

imageMrsChibs:
    Everything I read said the center was the safest place, so that's where ours are.  We actually have to get in the car and sit down to get her in and out, but if it's safer, it's worth it.

This.  Another thing that sucks is that if I want to put my seats down (I have a small cross over SUV), I have to move the car seat.  But since it's rare that I have to do that, I'd rather her carseat stay in the safest spot possible.

• Options
    Check your car's owners manual.  We have a hyundai elantra and originally put the carseat in the middle.  But then I read that you can't use the LATCH system in the middle, only on the passenger side--so that's where it is now.  DH wants to put it back in the middle using the seat belt...but keeps foregetting.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options
    Make sure you check the cars instructions on placing the car seat first. But I like it in the middle(of our corolla- we dont have a carseat in my jeep) so either SO or I could drive and both of us fit. Hes a big guy.
  • Options
    Infant seat behind the passenger; convertible behind the driver (captain's chairs) and a booster in the third row : ) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Behind the passenger seat.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"