3rd Trimester

Sleeping in another bed

So last night my DH and I were going to bed very late and well...being almost 31 weeks pregnant it is getting more and more difficult for me to get comfortable, I was very fidgety.  Switching sides, rubbing my legs together to scratch, and adjusting the pillow between my knees.

Finally, around 2:30am he said he was going to go in the other room to sleep, but I told him I would- since our guest bedroom bed is softer and easier on my hips.

This morning I woke up and felt like I had an incredible night of sleep.  I wasn't bothered by the cats (they slept with him,) I had tons of room to move and got to cuddle with our dog.   I went into our bedroom and my DH looked like a million bucks (he obviously had slept well too.)   I know that my moving around (and snoring) keep him awake.  Both of us guiltily looked at each other and knew that we both felt better NOT sleeping in the same bed.  It was so sad.

So my question to you all is...during this 3rd trimester, do you have trouble sleeping with you DH?   We have a queen size bed, so one would think we wouldn't be having this problem.

Oh well, not too much longer, right?

-Vicky

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

In my camera bag:

Re: Sleeping in another bed

• There was a post about this earlier. We only have a full and I still could not imagine not sleeping with him. We love to cuddle and even with my pillows between us we always have some contact even if it's just out feet touching. Dh works night so I have to sleep alone then but I always sleep in with him when he gets home and always sleep better with him there. When he was in boot camp I hated sleeping by myself. I know now even though I toss and turn he would much rather me still be there.
  • It hasnt been an issue for me and DH.  We do have king so maybe that helps.  I dont sleep well w/o him so it would have to be pretty bad for us to stop sleeping in the same bed.

• Loading the player...
  • We have a queen too and even though I know I'm keeping him up, he's never said anything about it. I feel bad though because he's such a light sleeper, so even if I move my leg he wakes up and has trouble falling asleep again, let alone the 50 times I get up to go to the bathroom. He gets up super early for school and then has to work 9 hours a day after that, but he doesnt complain even though I know he's barely getting any sleep. There will be a baby keeping him up soon anyway.

But its so nice to sprawl out and take over all the pillows as soon as he gets out of bed in the morning :]

• Oh yes, and I forgot to mention....my DH is an emergency room resident physician, so he works CRAZY long hours and is exhausted when he gets home.   I feel so guilty keeping him up as I certainly don't want his patients to suffer :-)

In my camera bag:

• My husband wanted to kick me out last night, actually.  It was a little sad...He's cranky the body pillow is taking up so much room (the reality is that he's used to sleeping on 3/4 of the bed while I sleep on the other 1/4, and his usual scheme got shattered by the big ol' body pillow, while I am enjoying reclaiming the other 1/4 of the bed.)  :)

• I think SO is getting more and more fed up with my night time sleeping habits. We have a full bed and he's a big guy - 6ft 4in. I now sleep with two pillows and a body pillow. There's barely enough room for SO. Plus, I keep tossing and turning from one side to the other which kind of wakes him up. Still, it really doesn't matter where he goes to sleep he knows that I would inevitably sneak in and cuddle up with him. He knows our bed is the most comfortable place for us (even though we're both uncomfortable).
  • My DH is a hard sleeper and nothing wakes him up. I am a very light sleeper so anything wakes me up. I haven't been sleeping well either it has been a combo of him and pregnancy either have heartburn or the baby is kicking or I have to pee. It is hard to go back to sleep b/c DH snores very loudly and he rolls alot in his sleep and sometims elbows me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ladies- I love my hubby to death, and I love him even more when we don't sleep together. He snores, and jolts around in his sleep. I do miss that we don't sleep together, but man I love having the bed to myself. I'm hoping he'll see a doctor eventually. It would be nice to sleep together some day, but right now I'm all good.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"