Cincinnati Babies

PSA: Children's Place

The Children's Place is having a $2.99 Monster Sale right now.  All winter items are $2.99 or less.  I got Logan a pair of mittens, a pair of fleece pants, a jacket, and a hooded sweatshirt and it came to $11 and change.  I had a $10 rewards coupon so I only paid $1.01 for all of it!  The Eastgate location was pretty picked over for boys (although there seemed to be quite a bit of 6-9m and 3T last night) but there was quite a bit of stuff left in the girls section.  Happy shopping!
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: PSA: Children's Place

• So I have a question - DS will be about 6 months by next winter.... (due date is 6/13/10)

Would it be silly/weird to buy some winter stuff, and would I just buy 6-9m sizes? I'm just afraid that if I buy stuff, it won't fit! But I really want to buy some stuff : )

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagekatpres06:

So I have a question - DS will be about 6 months by next winter.... (due date is 6/13/10)

Would it be silly/weird to buy some winter stuff, and would I just buy 6-9m sizes? I'm just afraid that if I buy stuff, it won't fit! But I really want to buy some stuff : )

I would be hesitant...  I am so glad I bought nothing in advance for DS. He was in NB clothes for quite awhile (and he was 9lb 9oz at birth!!) We were given a TON of 0-3mo clothes. By the time he got into 0-3...he was only in it maybe 2.5 weeks, had a major growth spurt, then moved up to 3-6 quickly. All those clothes....so many he never got to wear.

So my point is you wont know til he's here... Even if it's a good deal you don't want to waste money. Just my 2 cents!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekatpres06:

So I have a question - DS will be about 6 months by next winter.... (due date is 6/13/10)

It depends.  Ava was always 50th percentile so at 6 mos. she actually wore 6 mos. clothing, for the most part.  I tend to think Children's Place clothing runs true to size too.  Since it is such a good deal, why not take the chance and then if it doesn't work you can donate it to charity next winter?

Ava Caroline 8.27.07 I Charlotte Grace 5.18.09 I Lila Katherine 1.20.11

• imagekatpres06:

I did.  Carter was born July 16th and weighed 9lbs.  Despite his above average size at birth he has slowed down and has been stable in the 50th percentile.  He's just over 6 months old and is still wearing mostly 3-6 month clothes.  We bought a ton of 6-9 month winter stuff and 12-18 month summer stuff for him on sale for 99 cents - 3.99 last year.  I'm glad that I did so that we are ready and if it ends up not fitting him at least we're not out too much money.   

• I take the gamble when dealing with Children's Place sale stuff. I bought a ton of shorts in the fall for 99 cents each. If they don't fit DS, then I'll donate them to charity or sell them at Once Upon a Child.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"