Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Public flogging-- tomorrow, 10 am sharp!

Re: Public flogging-- tomorrow, 10 am sharp!

• Where'd Grant go?
  • are you getting banned?  ...

again? 

really?

• Loading the player...
  • woohooo!  I'll wear my flogging cap!
  • imagealicatt79:

are you getting banned?  ...

again? 

really?

FFS probably!  and i am betting it will be the perma-ban. 

dun dun dunnnnnn

• eastern or pacific time? those are important details!
  • Yes, bring back Grant.  He softened your image and distracted the angry mobs with his cuteness.
  • Mod, as much as I get rubbed the wrong way with SOME of your posts, I don't want you to be perma banned or be called out for things that some others do just as well....
  • I clearly missed something.
    imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I'm still trying to catch up and now old post was deleted.  Can someone bring me up to speed?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageVinBert:
    Mod, as much as I get rubbed the wrong way with SOME of your posts, I don't want you to be perma banned or be called out for things that some others do just as well....

I have to agree with this. 

If I had written the same post she did, I would have gotten flamed (by some) and ignored by most.  She didn't name names, post a link, or make an obvious joke about it. 

Really all she did was paraphrase a woman's reason for getting a divorce.  The fact that she said there must have been signs leading up to the attack was her opinion, which we are all allowed to disagree with.  But do we really want to start banning people just because we don't agree with them?

• imagealicatt79:

If I had written the same post she did, I would have gotten flamed (by some) and ignored by most.  She didn't name names, post a link, or make an obvious joke about it. 

Really all she did was paraphrase a woman's reason for getting a divorce.  The fact that she said there must have been signs leading up to the attack was her opinion, which we are all allowed to disagree with.  But do we really want to start banning people just because we don't agree with them?

People have been getting banned around here for much less lately, and I completely disagree that it would have been different if you posted it.

There is a line. I tend to draw it somewhere before reposting information about a "horrific tragedy" that was originally posted on a smaller, more supportive board by someone who clearly was looking for/needed emotional support. I mean come on. You can see that Ali, I know you can.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • At least you made platinum status before the perma-ban. :)
    Son #1: 12.27.08 (6 years)
    Son #2: 02.06.12 (2.5 yrs)
    Baby #3 due: 02.10.15 (It's a girl!)
    GD with all three pregnancies

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageRach03k:
    imagealicatt79:

People have been getting banned around here for much less lately, and I completely disagree that it would have been different if you posted it.

There is a line. I tend to draw it somewhere before reposting information about a "horrific tragedy" that was originally posted on a smaller, more supportive board by someone who clearly was looking for/needed emotional support. I mean come on. You can see that Ali, I know you can.

I don't know - I disagree with this.  I mean, it's not my fight to fight so I'm not getting involved, but I saw the OP and I didn't see a link to anything.  She brought up a topic for discussion (albeit an awful topic), and people disagreed with her.  I didn't see the OP as mocking or attacking anyone, just stating something she'd read and opening the floor for discussion.  It wasn't like she linked to someone's confession somewhere on the bump - and isn't that what people have been getting in trouble for lately, talking about other bumpies? It just seems like a reach on this one to me - sure, the content of the post was questionable, but I don't think it violated the TOS.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimageimage
  • imageRach03k:
    imagealicatt79:

i didn't name names, or a board or anything similar.  I could have been talking about an article i read in some magazine for all anyone knew!

• imageMiss.Modular:

i didn't name names, or a board or anything similar.  I could have been talking about an article i read in some magazine for all anyone knew!

And that is why I said in your other thread that you should have kept it general instead of referencing a story from this forum. You could have easily sparked a similar discussion without bringing up this person's specific story.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageMiss.Modular:
    imageRach03k:
    imagealicatt79:

But, it wasn't.  That's when you crossed the line.

• Meh. Mod I think it would be pretty dumb if you got perma banned. You didn't link. Didn't name names. People like to get all worked up.
  • imageajanes:
    imageMiss.Modular:
    imageRach03k:
    imagealicatt79:

WHAT?  for the tenth time, I didnt name ANY name or reference any board .  so from now on should i preface all my discussions with "i read this in a magazine..."   because I will!

• imageMiss.Modular:
    imageajanes:
    imageMiss.Modular:
    imageRach03k:
    imagealicatt79:

WHAT?  for the tenth time, I didnt name ANY name or reference any board .  so from now on should i preface all my discussions with "i read this in a magazine..."   because I will!

Here's the thing.  I didn't read the post until after it was edited.  I knew immediately what/who you were talking about.  Anyone who ever gets bored and looks at another board knew what you were talking about.  It was hurtful and uncalled for.

• imageajanes:
    imageMiss.Modular:
    imageajanes:
    imageMiss.Modular:
    imageRach03k:
    imagealicatt79:

Here's the thing.  I didn't read the post until after it was edited.  I knew immediately what/who you were talking about.  Anyone who ever gets bored and looks at another board knew what you were talking about.  It was hurtful and uncalled for.

AGAIN i wasn't saying "ha ha ha! look at this!"  i was saying i was shocked that it happened.  FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFS!

• imageeminbmore:
    imageRach03k:
    imagealicatt79:

I don't know - I disagree with this.  I mean, it's not my fight to fight so I'm not getting involved, but I saw the OP and I didn't see a link to anything.  She brought up a topic for discussion (albeit an awful topic), and people disagreed with her.  I didn't see the OP as mocking or attacking anyone, just stating something she'd read and opening the floor for discussion.  It wasn't like she linked to someone's confession somewhere on the bump - and isn't that what people have been getting in trouble for lately, talking about other bumpies? It just seems like a reach on this one to me - sure, the content of the post was questionable, but I don't think it violated the TOS.  

I agree with you, Eminbmore. 

I saw the OP before it was edited (I also read the post it came from) and I think this has been blown up ONLY because of the poster. She mentioned something horrific. People do that all the time and it seems to be ok. unless of course, you're mod. It's not like she was making fun of anything...my God...she was stating a fact and her OWN opinion...perhaps her wording sucked...whatever. The bottom line is that she *really* didn't do anything wrong. (not agreeing with her style =/= her being faulty, IMO)

What Mod read...was exactly what any one could have seen. The posters put it out there themselves. This just happens to be a highly sensitive and horrific topic...no one is disputing that, Mod stated that...and she is right...if you read that post...you'd understand. (I am a sensitive person that tries not to get caught up in any of the drama...but I think Mod is getting sh!t on here when that shouldn't be the case.)  She didn't name names or link to anything...I don't get it.

• i really don't think my wording was really that off either.  I should have made it more clear i was talking about women IN GENERAL who find themselves in sh;tty situations (NOT the one i referenced specifically per se).
  • Huh? What happened?

Will someone send me a PM? I'll probably be getting flogged with Mod tomorrow, so consider it a parting gift.

• imagemeggiekins:

Huh? What happened?

Will someone send me a PM? I'll probably be getting flogged with Mod tomorrow, so consider it a parting gift.

Come to FB

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"