Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

I realize these may be controversial after some of the posts tonight, but....(PsIP)

I took Connor's pictures for his birthday invites and wait for it.....I let him play with a cake for them!  He wasn't really too interested and most of it was smeared on for the pics.  Anyways, just thought I'd share a few cuz I'm pretty excited about them.

Re: I realize these may be controversial after some of the posts tonight, but....(PsIP)

• Options

It's cake...it's edible, it's meant to be eaten. My kid has eaten worse off the floor....

Adorable pics though!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I love the hat!  So cute!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I looove his hat!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Super cute pics!  I think I missed the whole cake deal.
  • Options
    I didn't even bother looking at those posts...those are some damn cute pictures though!
  • Options
    I love the hat, and he's so cute!!
  • Options
    imagebrideofscowboy:

It's cake...it's edible, it's meant to be eaten. My kid has eaten worse off the floor....

Adorable pics though!

I agree.  It was my weak attempt at a little humor.  I hear ya about the floor though! 

• Options
    LOVE THEM! his hair is AWESOME!
    Baby girl #2 on the way! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
  • Options
    Thank you all!  I got the hat on etsy.  We're doing a bug theme birthday, so it's perfect!  I can look up the name of the seller if anyone wants it :)
  • Options

calling child protective services right now!!!  lol  i intend to do the same thing.

• Options
    So cute!!
  • Options
    Love the hat and the cake - :)  I responded late to your question yesterday - I don't call K bug - he is Squish or Squishapillar (from the face he made as a newborn) or Melon - but I LOVE the pics!!
  • Options

Why is this controversial?

I feed my kid a mainly organic diet, and I still let her have non-organic bakery cake on her birthday. She ate three pieces. OH NO! CALL CPS!

And by the way, your son is super cute! 

• Options
    So cute - Where did you find that cute hat?
  • Options

The pictures are super cute!

And nobody said they had any issues with giving their kid cake.  

"I am a kind of paranoiac in reverse. I suspect people of plotting to make me happy." J.D. Salinger Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Cute!
  • Options
    these are very cute! I cant wait to take DD's birthday invite pics- and she will also get to play with a real cake!
  • Options

imagePayne2B2008:
    So cute - Where did you find that cute hat?

https://www.etsy.com/shop/FlutterBabyGifts

Here's the etsy seller's site.  She was really fast and super nice.  Even added a little surprise: an adorable knitted caterpillar pin with a 1 and his name! 

• Options

imageBugLuv:
    Love the hat and the cake - :)  I responded late to your question yesterday - I don't call K bug - he is Squish or Squishapillar (from the face he made as a newborn) or Melon - but I LOVE the pics!!

Adorable...I love squishapillar!  haha  :)

• Options
    Ok - sorry I am so getting that hat and a caterpillar thingy... I can't stand how cute it is - thanks for sharing!!
  • Options

imageBugLuv:
    Ok - sorry I am so getting that hat and a caterpillar thingy... I can't stand how cute it is - thanks for sharing!!

You should!  And she can make it in any color you want!  She's awesome!

• Options

I honestly can't tell you how excited I am - yes I know - made my night!  I called Kellan a caterpillar, which merged into squishapillar, but he has a million things caterpillar bc I can't resist - I am leaning towards that as our theme... with this for the party cake...

except less hungry caterpillar.

• Options
    That's adorable!  I'm going to get a caterpillar cake from costco (it's just a sheet cake with globs of frosting, but it's cute) for guests, but I'm still debating what I'm going to do for the smash cake.  I'm going to go to some bakeries and see what they can do.  I've had so much trouble finding bug/caterpillar party items, so I made the invites, will make the decorations, and am just going to color coordinate solid plates and tablecloths with the invites.  I'm hoping everything turns out like I'm imagining.  In my head, it's adorable!  haha
  • Options

imagethegan:
    That's adorable!  I'm going to get a caterpillar cake from costco (it's just a sheet cake with globs of frosting, but it's cute) for guests, but I'm still debating what I'm going to do for the smash cake.  I'm going to go to some bakeries and see what they can do.  I've had so much trouble finding bug/caterpillar party items, so I made the invites, will make the decorations, and am just going to color coordinate solid plates and tablecloths with the invites.  I'm hoping everything turns out like I'm imagining.  In my head, it's adorable!  haha

sounds exactly like what I was planning to do!!!  Can't wait to see how yours turns out!

• Options

I'm going to get cake plates, some napkins, and a few tablecloths in this, and then do blue, green, and orange solids to coordinate.  And just because I'm an AW...here's the front of the invite I made!

• Options
    OMG THAT IS TOO FREAKIN CUTE!  and yes I know I am yelling - that looks awesome!
  • Options
    Thanks!  I'm really excited about it!  I made it using scrapblog, downloaded it as a jpeg, and I'm going to print it through Sam's club as a 5x7.  It has a back too which I'll have printed as well and then just glue them together somehow.  So for about 75 cents each, I have an invite that I know I put a lot of work into, but didn't have to find scrapbook papers and spend hours cutting and pasting!  haha 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"