Parenting
Options

Do you sleep in the pitch dark?

I feel like I am such a baby.  Even at 30, I dont like our bedroom to be completely dark.  A lot of times DH ends up working midnights (he is a police officer) and then I need to leave the TV on all night when I am by myself.  So do I need some serious therapy or is anyone else like me out there?;)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Do you sleep in the pitch dark?

• Options

Unfortunately no. Between the humidifier and the monitor, it's never pitch dark. Although, I prefer it to be. I even move the monitor so it's not so bright....lol.

DS sleeps the same way (no nightlight).

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like it really dark.  I even flip the digital clock over. 
  • Options
    I do like it dark, but like you when DH is not home (he also works nights) I can not sleep in pitch dark. I leave the T.V on also!
  • Options
    We always leave the blinds open.  I hate waking up in the morning when it's dark'ish in our room.
  • Options
    We have a nightlight in the bathroom that glows blue and our air purifier also glows blue. So, no, it's not pitch black, nor do I want it to be.
    Marcey
    Kaden William 11/4/06 and Dawson Michael 6/30/10
    Dawson's first birthday - at the zoo
  • Options
    I prefer a little light...
  • Options

imageDandelionMom:
    I like it really dark.  I even flip the digital clock over. 

Ditto this.

imageimage
    Alex (11/14/06) and Nate (5/25/10)
    "Want what you have, do what you can, be who you are." - Rev. Forrest Church
  • Options
    We have night lights all over our house.  We like to be able to see if we need to get up in the night.
    Dee Dee DS Elijah Xin 3/11/05 DD Evangeline Mei 8/24/06
  • Options
    I like a tiny bit of light. The light on the monitor is enough for me.
  • Options

I leave a lamp on in the living room.  I used to leave it on for when we needed to get up with DD, but it just became a habit.  Our room is essentially completely dark, though.

I also spend quite a few nights alone...like tonight. 

• Options
    Yes.  I can't even see my hand in front of my face.  I sleep so much better when its really dark.
    DS1 10-06 and DS2 9-08 and baby #3 EDD 9-05-12
    imageimage
  • Options
    I need the TV on in order to fall asleep and a hall light on all night.  I'm not a city person, but we're living in a major city right now, so I won't stay alone overnight.  The rare times DH gas to go away for business I take the kids to my moms until he gets home.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    complete dark for me.
  • Options
    Pitch black and doors closed. DS#2 is the only one with any kind of nightlight in the house. I actually installed it when he was a newborn and up all hours nursing and now I feel bad taking it out because he is used to it.
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/9/11 - 34:24 - 1st race evah!
    Kelly Monaghan's 5K - 5/15/11 - 3rd Place in AG
    Walk the Talk 5K - 5/18/11 - 31:12 PR
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/14/12 - 1st race of the year, 32:45
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"