High-Risk Pregnancy

Anyone watch "19 kids in counting" tonight? Episode on Pre-eclampsia

First time really watching the show but it really hit home about what us Pre-eclampsia ladies go through!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Anyone watch "19 kids in counting" tonight? Episode on Pre-eclampsia

• I watched it.  It was kinda surreal for my DH and me, as we've had one "successful" pre-e baby, and one, well, "unsuccessful" pre-e baby. =(  And being on bedrest with this one, trying to ward off pre-e....I just kept telling myself that I just have to take it a day at a time.
    m/c feb 07 ~ m/c twins oct 08 ~ Duncan Thomas: born to heaven 5/19/09 - m/c jan 11

My Blog

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• It was hard to bring myself to watch it because I too had pre-e and it;s always such a sensitive subject because it hits so close to home. It's emotionally and physically straining but of course so worth it in the end for our little bundles of joy. Absolutely one day at a time is the best way to approach it. I have told myself thats the best way for DH and I to handle it. Wishing you all the best with your pregnancy!!! I hope that you are feeling well!! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I watched it and cried through the entire show. It hit so close to home, even though we were able to get DS to 37 weeks with 2 months of hospital bedrest. 
  • It really hit me when they took the baby out during the c-section! My DD was born close to the same gestational age and size. It was too much!
  • It hit home for me and then it also got me mad.  I know I was really lucky with DD to get to 37 weeks.  I was on bedrest from 34 weeks on but I started to have the issues with protien in my urine somewhere around 28 weeks and it was just monitored but my blood pressure was doing okay on my meds still high (158/92) regularly. 

My dh told me to turn off the TV when I was saying to it get her feet higher/get her on the left side/ get the mag into her.  He was like okay hunny you have seen enough. 

I am 23 weeks on friday and my urine is holding okay but they  just upped my blood pressure meds again.  I am worried this time I might not make it to 37 weeks.

Also no a baby born at 25 weeks doesn't have an 80% survial does it.  I thought those numbers were for over 28 weeks

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"