Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Am I the only one?

who doesn't plan on having a huge extravagant over-planned 1st birthday party for LO? 

I mean, I plan on having family and close friends over for an informal get-together (maybe a BBQ since it will be summertime) and doing a smash cake etc. but it has never crossed my mind to spend hours planning menus, fancy invitations, or having 50+ people (granted just my parents/sisters' families includes 18 people) for something DS won't even remember.

Maybe its just 'cause its seems so far away? I dunno. 

Proud VBAC mama! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Am I the only one?

• imageBaumMom:

who doesn't plan on having a huge extravagant over-planned 1st birthday party for LO? 

I mean, I plan on having family and close friends over for an informal get-together (maybe a BBQ since it will be summertime) and doing a smash cake etc. but it has never crossed my mind to spend hours planning menus, fancy invitations, or having 50+ people (granted just my parents/sisters' families includes 18 people) for something DS won't even remember.

Maybe its just 'cause its seems so far away? I dunno. 

we are doing that - but it requires planning bc we have so much family coming in from out of town as no one lives near us... and we are combining the weekend to include his baptism since everyone is coming :)

• hamburgers and hot dogs for us! and "Dixie" and "Hostess" will be invited as well!
    Baby girl #2 on the way! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We had a very small affair - 4 kids (including DD) and 9 adults.  Sandwiches, mac'n'cheese, munchies, cake AND ice cream (yes, I let DD have a taste of ice cream, too).  Our house can't hold much more than that, and I don't think DD would have cared if we had more people or less. 
  • Same here.  I'm really hoping we are visiting my parents b/c then my mom will just take care of everything and family will already be there.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageKelli2507:
    hamburgers and hot dogs for us! and "Dixie" and "Hostess" will be invited as well!

Haha...nice. 

• I'm just doing something at my house, but I am doing the cute invites and a theme.....no balloon clown or anything
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm not doing anything huge.  Just immediate family, a good meal, and one of those Betty Crocker cake mix cakes.  No biggie. 
  • I was thinking the same question... I mean, since LO really has no clue what's going on, I think the big birthday party is really for the parent's benefit. My parents don't even live around here, and we only know a few people our age with babies, so I doubt we'll even do much of anything at all. Probably just enough for photo-ops. :) When's your LO's birthday? Mine's is July 14th, right smack in the middle of hot summer!
  • imagepkate98:
    I'm just doing something at my house, but I am doing the cute invites and a theme.....no balloon clown or anything

Your DS has a GREAT name :)

•  I've got 2 months and haven't put much thought into it.  I'm in denial about it. 

We only plan on doing a small get together with family and a few close friends if that. I'm hoping to fire up the BBQ even though there will still be snow on the ground. We'll do cake and gifts and that's it. Approx 20 ppl IF my siblings and SIL and BIL come which I highly doubt.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Me.  There will be around 30-ish people, but it's immediate family.  We will be doing plain everything. lol

The only planning I have done is I know I want to do a bunch of different colored balloons and we've booked the park pavilion (due to graduation season).

• We're just having family over, DH will BBQ and we'll have a smash cake. No real theme, party favors or awesome looking cakes (although I wish I were able to make an awesome looking cake!)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagemarriedlaura:
    I was thinking the same question... I mean, since LO really has no clue what's going on, I think the big birthday party is really for the parent's benefit. My parents don't even live around here, and we only know a few people our age with babies, so I doubt we'll even do much of anything at all. Probably just enough for photo-ops. :) When's your LO's birthday? Mine's is July 14th, right smack in the middle of hot summer!

July 1st! Will definitely be hot here in TX! 

• 15 people tops + BBQ = my LOs first birthday plans.  I was just about to post something similar.

These kids' B-days are going to be bigger than my wedding...jeez.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemarriedlaura:
    When's your LO's birthday? Mine's is July 14th, right smack in the middle of hot summer!

Hi, Birthday Twin!

I doubt we'll do much of anything - we have no family or close friends in town, so we'll probably go back to my dad's house in Philly and maybe do a pool party/BBQ type thing with the family. Definitely nothing crazy. If we had a bunch of family and friends locally, I would probably do something more extravagant. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"