TTC After a Loss

ugh...(second injection mentioned)

So last night when I did my first injection, I noticed something drip down my stomach when I was done, but I figured it was alcohol from the wipe or maybe pulling the needle out to fast and not having all the fluid in. 

Well, tonights shot went much smoother, but as I was pushing the plunger in I felt the drip again. The damn needle was loose. It must have come loose while I was twisting the cap off. I am pretty sure I didn't get a full dose. I half way contemplating taking another shot just to be sure (I am on a double dose and I thought about doing a  single dose to make up for what may have dripped) but I am not sure that it is a smart idea. 

It probably wouldn't hurt anything and starting tomorrow I am on to a single dose anyways (the double was to jump start things). I have extra needles and dosages. Yeah, probably shouldn't though.

Oh well. Note to self: make sure needle is extra tight tomorrow.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ugh...(second injection mentioned)

• What volume are you injecting? 
  • Those stupid needles can be tricky!  Can't tell you how many times I've squirted myself in the eye with vaccines because it wasn't on tight enough!  (Yes, I'm pretty sure I'm immune to canine & feline distemper by now.)

Maybe you could ask your RE for suggestions on how to deal with the "spillage"?   

• Loading the player...
  • imagesinisterkat01:
    What volume are you injecting? 

2 amps at 1/2 cc which is what my RE said to use,  

• If there is a 24 hour pharmacy somewhere near you or if one is not closed yet you could probably call and tell them what happend and ask if another dose would be ok. Ive called the 24 hour pharmacy here alot to ask about doubling meds or taking 2 meds together.
    3 Early Miscarriages 4 rounds of Clomid BFP = 11/16/10 ~ EDD July 29th 2011 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageAshley858:
    If there is a 24 hour pharmacy somewhere near you or if one is not closed yet you could probably call and tell them what happend and ask if another dose would be ok. Ive called the 24 hour pharmacy here alot to ask about doubling meds or taking 2 meds together.

I am with Kaiser and they don't have a 24 hour pharmacy and their advice nurse is mostly useless.

I am thinking it would be ok, just because I am on a low dose, so it's not like I would od or anything. Maybe I should call the useless nurse, or I will call my RE tomorrow and see if they want me to do 2 amps tomorrow instead of 1. 

• imagecaliforniastars:

imagesinisterkat01:

If there was visible liquid dripping after a 1/2 cc injection, then I think you may have wasted a significant amount.  I have no idea whether you should redose or not - I agree with the PP's suggestion about calling either a pharmacy (or maybe an on-call doc).  What type of syringe are you using - is it a regular luer or a luer lock (you are able to actually screw the needle on with this type)?  Is there any way you could use a luer-lock syringe if you are not?  This will prevent that "leakage", but it is only available with certain sized syringes.

(Side note - this is me talking about my experiences giving animals injections.  I actually know nothing about trigger shots!)

• imagesinisterkat01:
    imagecaliforniastars:

imagesinisterkat01:

If there was visible liquid dripping after a 1/2 cc injection, then I think you may have wasted a significant amount.  I have no idea whether you should redose or not - I agree with the PP's suggestion about calling either a pharmacy (or maybe an on-call doc).  What type of syringe are you using - is it a regular luer or a luer lock (you are able to actually screw the needle on with this type)?  Is there any way you could use a luer-lock syringe if you are not?  This will prevent that "leakage", but it is only available with certain sized syringes.

(Side note - this is me talking about my experiences giving animals injections.  I actually know nothing about trigger shots!)

It is the ones that screw on. The syringes have a needle on them but they are to long for sub q shots, so they gave me other needles that are meant for the first round, and yet a different needle for trigger.

I think I lost a lot of it too, it was quite a bit that dripped out and there wasn't that much in the syringe to start with. 

• imagecaliforniastars:

imageAshley858:
    If there is a 24 hour pharmacy somewhere near you or if one is not closed yet you could probably call and tell them what happend and ask if another dose would be ok. Ive called the 24 hour pharmacy here alot to ask about doubling meds or taking 2 meds together.

I am with Kaiser and they don't have a 24 hour pharmacy and their advice nurse is mostly useless.

I am thinking it would be ok, just because I am on a low dose, so it's not like I would od or anything. Maybe I should call the useless nurse, or I will call my RE tomorrow and see if they want me to do 2 amps tomorrow instead of 1. 

Oh you shouldnt have to call your specific pharmacy. When we had Kaiser my mom would call CVS to ask questions about meds and dosages.

3 Early Miscarriages 4 rounds of Clomid BFP = 11/16/10 ~ EDD July 29th 2011 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Sounds like this is shaping up to be a little more complicated than it seems....
  • imageColindaP:
    Sounds like this is shaping up to be a little more complicated than it seems....

I think it is a matter of making sure the needle is on tight 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"