3rd Trimester

Bedrest + Nesting =....?

.. One really tired, frustrated, high BP Mama.

My baby shower was yesterday. From what I hear, it went well. Meep showed up at my house today with a car full of lovely presents, a half of a sheet cake, and her lovely self to help me catalog everything for future Thank-you-card-writing.

I guess I got the nesting bug yesterday, because after I laid in bed all day, I used my 3 hours of "uptime" (which I actually think is supposed to be less on weekends but I wasn't told that specifically so....) to go to Walmart and get Wonder Hangers (amazing) and Sterilite carts. I got my whole closet organized (sitting down for most of it) and then today it looked like baby stuff vomited everywhere.

I am super grateful for the cute clothes and blankets and such, but I am so frustrated about the fact that I have nowhere to put anything, and even though I feel okay (except for the now ever-present BP headache) I can't actually DO anything to remedy this. :

Do they make a nesting injection for guys? I need Bun to get a move on. :P

Jack Anderson 2.28.10 Our amazing little man. image

Re: Bedrest + Nesting =....?

• I don't know about nesting injections...but could you describe that sheet cake your Meep brought over? Like, in detail? ::drooling::

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Girl, I feel ya!  But at least you get your 3 hours.  I get nada Sad

Luckily, my DH has kicked into overdrive for the both of us.  Maybe he's tired of hearing me whine about how I can't do anything, so he's trying to get this sh!t done so I'll stop complaining....then he can kick back and chill.  LOL!  

With that said this week he bought our car seat, changing table and parts we need for our crib (we're doing a big no-no and we're using his crib from when he was a baby.....we're basically just using the frame of the crib and getting all new hardware and parts).  This weekend, he went out and bought a bunch of baby stuff and today we bought the baby letters, painted them, made color copies of the pattern on the bumper, and we have decoupaged them......yeah we got real creative.  Hahaha!  And he's done some other stuff to get the room ready.  

I guess you just need to kick Bun's a$$ into gear!  Wink 

ETA:  I yell directions from the couch.  Every now and then I wander in there to make sure everything is under control :)

• Loading the player...
  • seriously. I was put on bedrest a few days after my shower so i had to very carefully rearrange my closet (the ONLY one in our apartment) without putting myself into early labor, yet again. Our closet has been completely taken over by the color pink. Now everything is done and ready... and I'm just stuck here in bed for at least another 4 weeks just waiting for a baby to occupy my time. Just doing all of her tiny little laundry made me have about 10 contractions through the course of an hour.

I successfully put the pack and play together by myself after about 2 hours, only to get frustrated at the changing table part because it wouldnt go on right. So I called the manufacturer and yelled at them, ending the conversation in tears, only to find out later that night from DH that I just needed to flip it over. I swear, bedrest is making me literally go insane.

As much as I want LO to continue cooking, I have decided that the say I am officially full term I am going to jog a mile and attempt some sex lol we'll see how it goes. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"