Washington Babies

NBR: Lasik?

Have any of you ladies has Lasik surgery? I really want this done but when I looked into it about 6-7 years ago they said they wouldn't be able to correct me to 20/20 so I decided not to do it... I was thinking about trying again since the technology has advanced so much. Any recommendations? Experiences? I am SOO over contacts and Cambryn is wreaking havoc on my glasses...

Re: NBR: Lasik?

• My brother in law had something like 20/80, had worn glasses since he was very young and had the surgery done about 3 years ago.  He is 100% pleased with the outcome and had no complaints about the process.  I don't know if he is 20/20 now, but does not need glasses any longer.
    Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
  • One thing I was surprised to find out is that it is not a permanent fix.  My mom had it done many years ago and it turned out great, but she will need to get it done again as she can't see crap anymore.  I don't know if new technology has fixed that, but worth asking your doc about....maybe it's just old age for her  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Yep I had it done about 8 years ago and it was the best thing ever!!  The surgery was really quick and I didn't feel a thing.  The only crappy part was that first night.  I felt like I had sand in my eyes but I just took some sleeping pills and woke up fine the next morning.  I haven't had a problem since!
  • My mom had it done a few years ago and the only problem she's had is that she can't see close up very well (but that may just be due to her age) Wink She got hers done somewhere in Renton.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I just responded on Facebook but I'll add some here: my vision was *terrible* and I was well beyond legally blind without glasses.  Something like 20/600 at least, if not worse.  I had the most high-tech surgery done, Intralase (I think), which is blade free (good for a squeamish type like me) and it was not cheap ($4500/both eyes, inclusing all pre-surgery appointments and 1 year of post-surgery checkups) but for me it was incredibly worth it.  I do see a bit of haloes at night with light sources but it doesn't impede my driving or anything.  I went to Bartlett Eye Clinic in Kenmore and they offer free consultations, and I'd definitely suggest talking to them.  I think Dr. Bartlett, who did my surgery, has retired, but the other folks there have been great to work with too.  I was able to have an extra Valium to help ease my nerves, but the worst part was the anticipation- the surgery itself was not a big deal at all.  The younger you do it the better your results are, and even though I'll still probably need reading glasses sometime between 40-50, for me the 10+ years of being glasses free is like a dream come true.  Good luck if you go for it!

image Visit The Nest!

• I had mine done 4 years ago, it has been soooo nice not wearing contacts. I was 20/20 within a couple days after surgery.  I was able to take an extra valium to calm my nerves, as well... best $2200 I've spent!  (I got mine done at the Everett Vision Clinic)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"