Preemies

Help me before I go crazy!

So DD has reflux. She's been on her meds since Tuesday. I'm not sure if she is fighting with it right now or what.

My problem is that I'm trying to lay her down in her room. She screams bloody murder whenever I'm gone from her room for more than 5 minutes. She's basically been awake since her last feeding and her next feeding is coming up shortly.?

The other thing I can think that she might be dealing with is not having enough going on around her.

Anyone else experience this after leaving the NICU? DD was surrounded by lights, people, and alarms, so now, whenever it's not basically madness going on around her, she cries. I currently have a light on, nature noises going, and her seahorse playing. ::crosses fingers:: Currently, it is working... but it's only been 3 minutes.

Any tips? I'm just hoping she wears herself out so much that she sleeps extra good tonight.?

Re: Help me before I go crazy!

• Are you FF or BF or both?  Sounds like it could also be a food issue.  Lily did this and our pedi told us it was just reflux but the meds didn't touch it.  We finally switched her formula from Enfamil A/R to Enfamil ProSoBee (soy) and that made all the difference.

And yes, Lily has to have noise.  She go used to it so now she can't sleep without it.

3/22/09 - Lily Grace, born at 33 weeks, 2 days
    9/12/14 - M/C @ 7 weeks, 1 day (ectopic)

• We FF. She's on Similac NeoSure and her doc wants her to finish it out, which is a few more weeks.

She finally fell asleep. Let's see how long it lasts.

• Loading the player...
  • imageshortyred919:

We FF. She's on Similac NeoSure and her doc wants her to finish it out, which is a few more weeks.

She finally fell asleep. Let's see how long it lasts.

There is no way I would wait a few more weeks (IMO) to see.  I did that (BIG mistake) and Lily was miserable because I was afraid to make the switch.

That said, I hope it is just her getting used to her meds and she was just extra fussy or something tonight!  :-)

3/22/09 - Lily Grace, born at 33 weeks, 2 days
    9/12/14 - M/C @ 7 weeks, 1 day (ectopic)

• Her noise makers just turned off and she instantly woke up. Oy. I'm going to have to put a radio in there and just leave it on.

If it keeps up, I'll definitely talk to her doc about changing sooner. At least she's had good weight gain, so I don't think he'll be too worried.?

• You could try leaving on  more lights, running a radio, etc...it sounds like you are trying that.

With Andrew - his reflux really prevented him from sleeping (or would wake him).  We ended up buying a sleep positioner and a mattress wedge to elevate the head of his mattress.  The positioner allowed him to sleep on his side and wedge him there - I think it made him feel cozy too, and was better on his reflux.  He was miserable on his back.

• Also try the Homedics sound spa - there's a variety of white noise sounds and options to run the noise for 15, 30, 60 minutes or nonstop.  We play ocean nonstop for DS which I think helps, even though our NICU was really good about keeping the lights low and the rooms very quiet at night so we never had much day/night confusion.

We also elevated one side of his cosleeper to help him feel more comfortable at night. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"