Austin Babies

What do they do at the NT appointment?

I have my NT sonogram appointment on Monday but I had to make my Dr. appt on Tuesday due to timing and not wanting to miss work.

What do they do besides draw blood? How long do results take to come back?

I will admit that I hope they are able to get a decent look and make a guess at what we're having. Embarrassed

Re: What do they do at the NT appointment?

• A guess for gender, not likely (and if they did, it wouldn't be totally reliable anyway).  But they will do an ultrasound (if you elected to) that measures the fold behind the baby's neck, and a blood test to screen for certain genetic disorders.  

I got the results at the following appt, so a month later. I'm sure they get results much sooner, but that's just the way our office did things. I think that if I would have had any red flags pop up with results, they would have called me back in for a sooner appt. 

• Just so you know, my good friend was told that she was having a little girl at her NT scan. Sure enough, she gave birth to a little girl. They can guess! :-) So exciting!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • At my NT scan, they looked at a lot more than just the neck fold--arms, legs, nasal bone (a well-defined/prominent nasal bone is a reassuring sign), whether there was fluid in the bladder and stomach (also a good sign), whether the spine was closed, etc.

We got several printed out photos as well as a DVD with the entire ultrasound on it.

Blood was drawn that day; I called about ten days later for results. I was told that they would call if the blood results were not good, but I didn't want to wait for a whole month.

As for the gender guess...I asked the tech for a guess, but I was very clear that I knew it wasn't necessarily reliable and that we would not be upset if the guess was wrong. She did give us a guess and we will find out next week if it is correct.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"