Breastfeeding

Lansinoh Storage Bags

I use the Lansinoh storage bags to freeze my milk and I cool the milk in bottles in the refrigerator before I transfer them to the bags and then the freezer.  I've noticed that the milk has a funny plasticy taste and smell after I thaw it (and the milk in the bags is only a few weeks old).  Has anyone else experienced this?  What other bags or storage containers do you use?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Lansinoh Storage Bags

• I use the Medela bags.  They have a tear off top with a sticky loop so you can pump directly into the bag.  They also stand up on their own so that you can stand it up while setting other things aside.  They hold 6oz.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• The metallic smell is pretty normal.  As long as your LO takes the milk, I don't think there's a problem.  I used the Lansinoh bags for 13 months with no problems.  I used to pump into Medela bottles, then combine those two bottles into one Lansinoh bag and store those in the fridge at work until I got home from work, then put them in the fridge at home.  At the end of the week, I froze whatever was left and used frozen milk or whatever I pumped over the weekend for Monday mornings. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"