3rd Trimester
Options

LOVED my shower! And a few tips for those who still have showers/registries in progress

Yesterday was my baby shower and I just have to report back on how blessed I feel!  My aunt and cousin threw it and they did an amazing job.  There were a fun amount of people there but it still felt intimate. 

I got most of the big stuff off of my registry (it either showed up at the shower or is being shipped to us.)  I did get a TON of receiving blankets and clothes and pink fuzzy blankets, most of which are receipt-less and weren't on my registry or even from BRU.  I have gathered together anything that I had on my registry that I got "non BRU" duplicates of to try to exchange, but it really is not too much.  My LO is going to have enough clothes to change outfits 3 times a day until she is 3 months old and then it tapers off quite a bit...I am hoping she is small enough to fit in 0-3 for a long time!  The other funny thing is pretty much ALL of the diapers I got were size 2, no newborns or 1's.  So all that said, my registry advice would be to not register for any blankets or receiving blankets as you will likely get a ton of these.  Also, make sure you are not getting anything hand-me-down before you register; I did not register for an exersaucer or jumper because I knew those were coming, and found out at my shower that I did not need to register for a nursing stool or extra carseat base because I have friends offering me theirs in very good condition.

It was so cool to see the little personal touches people put into gifts like gathering their children's favorite toys or making something rather than buying something.  My favorite gift was probably my bedding from my Aunt (the same one who threw the shower.)  Even though I knew it was coming because I bought the fabric for it, she still blew me away with how gorgeous it was.  When the nursery is complete I will post pics.  Oh and speaking of the nursery, make sure to make space for everything BEFORE the shower!  Thank God my house was clean because now it is a mess!

My only regret from the shower was not getting more pics.  My friend who is a photographer took a ton of candids that I cannot wait to see, but I never asked anyone to take pics with just me and my mom or me and the host or anything posed.  I wish I had those. 

Sorry this is so long!  I hope you all have as wonderful of an experience as I did!

Re: LOVED my shower! And a few tips for those who still have showers/registries in progress

• Options

Glad you had a great shower!

I have another piece of advice as I write my thank you's for my second shower:

Have somebody who has had babies recently be the one recording gifts as you open them.

I did for my first shower and didn't think a thing of it.  The second shower, I am having major trouble decoding the list.  Good thing I have a good associative memory!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"