Success after IF

Gripe water question

For those who use it, how do you give it to your baby?  If I read the amount correctly, she should be getting TWO of the dispensers worth.  Is that right?  If so, do you give it directly in the mouth or mix it into a bottle?

Alana is really really uncomfrotably gassy/colicky in the evening and, while I give her mylicon, I just am not sure if it's doing anything.

Re: Gripe water question

• We used the one in the blue and green (maybe teal or black, it's been a while) package. Mother's something if I remember correctly. I put it in a medicine syringe and put it right into his mouth. We had 3 or 4 packages of it all over the house. I literally saved me for the first 5 months as DS had pretty bad reflux. If DC spits it out you can put it in a bottle. What ever you have to do to get them to swallow. 
  • We have the little tummies kind and used it for the first time the other night - it was almost a full dropper 1/2 a teaspoon maybe? It seemed like a lot. We just squirted it in way back and she spit a lot out. Not sure how much it helped - that was her worst night of fussiness/gassyness. Hope it works!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC since Dec '04 Severe MFI-diagnosed 12/06 3 failed Fresh IVFs FET #1 - BFP!! 2 blasts tx on day 6. Beta #1 8dp6dt = 56, Beta #2 = 600, Beta #3 = 5600 My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Did you ever taste it?  It's sooo sweet!  My son loved it and never had a problem taking it right from the dropper that came with it.  It worked so much better than Mylicon too.
    3 IUI's and 2 IVF's later- Brady arrived. Born at 36 weeks after PUPPS and pre-e/HELLP.
    IUI- BFN IVF #1 -BFP! Allie is our 2nd IVF baby. Born at 36 1/2 weeks after pre-e again
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• Yeah, she likes it, too!  I'm just confused by the amount.  If I read the dropper correctly it looks like she needs two full droppers full, but that just seems like so much.  I'll have to go up and check the brand when she's sleeping and google to see if that's the right amount.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"