Parenting
Options

DS will not go to sleep - any suggestions?

He has a little runny nose, but no fever or anything. I put him to bed at 7:30 and by 8:15 he was up crying. I let him cry for a bit and he wasn't calming down so I went up and rocked him. He fell asleep and I went to lay him down and he woke up screaming again. I repeated this process a few times and no matter how sound asleep he was, he woke up as soon as I tried to transition him to the crib. Finally at 9 I decided to see if he would go sleep on his own if I let him cry and he was quiet after about 5 minutes, but he keeps crying. It's not steady crying, it's on and off but it's been almost 30 minutes. Any ideas? Any tips? He NEVER does this. He always goes to bed and I don't hear a peep until morning.

Ugh, and now he just woke DD up.

Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/9/11 - 34:24 - 1st race evah!
Kelly Monaghan's 5K - 5/15/11 - 3rd Place in AG
Walk the Talk 5K - 5/18/11 - 31:12 PR
Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/14/12 - 1st race of the year, 32:45

Re: DS will not go to sleep - any suggestions?

• Options

When you mentioned that he fell alseep on you, but when you went to put him down, he woke up screaming. It made me think, maybe an ear infection? I don't know. Could you give him some Motrin in case it is his ear? It may help. Does he have a temp?

• Options
    Teething? Nightmares? Both my boys have gone through phases like this.  Un-explained night wakings. I usually just give in and hold them/sleep with them and neither gave me trouble later going back into their cribs. You are going through a divorce, right? Maybe he is having trouble with the changes in the houshold?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No, no temperature. I thought maybe EI as well, but he was fine all day, running, jumping and playing minutes before I put him to bed. He ate well and drank well. IDK, maybe I'll try some Motrin, wait, I think I only have Tylenol....will that work?
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/9/11 - 34:24 - 1st race evah!
    Kelly Monaghan's 5K - 5/15/11 - 3rd Place in AG
    Walk the Talk 5K - 5/18/11 - 31:12 PR
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/14/12 - 1st race of the year, 32:45
  • Options

imageMominator:
    No, no temperature. I thought maybe EI as well, but he was fine all day, running, jumping and playing minutes before I put him to bed. He ate well and drank well. IDK, maybe I'll try some Motrin, wait, I think I only have Tylenol....will that work?

That will work.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"