Multiples

Juliana and Alex are here!

Juliana Grace and Alexander Pierce were born on Monday, January 25th 2010 at 37 weeks 1 day. Juliana was 6lbs7oz and 18 inches. Alexander was 5lbs8oz and 19 inches. They were born by c-section. I originally didn't want to have a c-section, but it turns out I wouldn't have had a choice anyhow. My cervix was sealed tight and Alexander had moved into a horizontal position. Last week, the Dr. scheduled us for induction or c-section and by Friday, we decided to go with the c-section. I emailed my MOM group to get advice and support - which was a great idea. I got alot of awesome advice from them and went in feeling really confident about the decision to do the c-section. 
The actual c-section was a piece of cake. We got to the hospital by 9:15am to have plenty of time to get settled and ask questions. The staff was amazing and made me feel completely comfortable and relaxed. The minute that epidural was in, I felt AWESOME! After the past 3 weeks of serious, bawling crying discomfort, it was great to feel nothing. It instantly relaxed me and helped me get through the entire day. 
Things have been so busy since then. My recovery has gone really well - not much pain at all. The staff at the hospital has been amazing at helping us especially at teaching me and the babies how to breastfeed. DH has been super-Dad and is the best swaddler! The nurses have been awesome at teaching him how to change diapers, swaddle & soothe the babies, and support me when I'm trying to learn how to breastfeed. We're doing our best to rest as much as possible - or at least as much as you can in the hospital with feedings every 3 hours!
We'll came home on Friday morning. The doctors gave us the option of another day so that I can still have access to the lactation consultants as well as help managing my pain. Hopefully the next couple of weeks will go as smoothly as this one has!
The hospital photographer came by and already we can see the pictures so I thought I would share! I didn't know until a few days before delivery that there would be a professional photographer available while we were in the hospital. If you're expecting, bring your favorite baby blankets for the pics! I used some of my favorite scarves - Alexander is in the blue and Juliana is in the pink. Login information is below. Please share with whoever you like. 
https://www.bellababyphotography.com/baby/loginPassword is U1d18VoDpY

Re: Juliana and Alex are here!

• They're some sweet, congrats!  GL with the breastfeeding, it's awesome that they're helping/teaching you, I was very thankful for all that I learned as well :)  Enjoy your babies!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Congratulations!
  • So adorable :):)  Congrats!!
    H: 34 dx Azoospermia due to CBAVD from CF  
    ME: 39 IS FINE!!!  DOR and poor AMH/FSH/LH
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #1 Beta 1 373 Beta 2 1783 BOY/GIRL TWINS!! Born April 2010!!
    Natural FET 5/26/12 2 blasts Beta 1 207 Beta 2 513 Beta 3 1377 U/S 6/28 Pregnancy not viable d & c scheduled :( 
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #2 ER 11/15/12 Nothing to transfer :( 
    IVF/ICSI #3 April 2013 MDLF 3dt of 3 embryos, chemical :(  
    IVF #4/ICSI/MESA/CCS/FET EPP April 2015
    ODWU CCRM with Dr. Sch COMPLETE!!!! Put on acai supplement they are studying for DOR and embryo quality.
    DAY 3 Labs Drawn 2/26 put on vitamin D and calcium supplements
    Regroup and Protocol Reveal 3/04 "Bazooka Protocol" EPP with MDLF "Protocol 6 with patches"
    ER/MESA 4/10 ER 9 eggs retrieved MESA success found live swimmers :)
    Fertilization Report 6 eggs mature and ICSI'd 4 eggs fertilized normally
    Day 6 Report to Blast for CCS 4/16: 2 DAY 5 BLASTS BIOPSIED FOR CCS a 4AB and a 3AB!!!!
    CCS Results BOTH BLASTS CCS NORMAL!!!!!!  call on 4/24
    Regroup call to discuss CCS results and FET call on 5/20
    FET prep: CD 1 6/08 CD 3 Start BCP 6/10, HSG 6/12 Lupron Start 10 iu 6/17 End BCP 6/21 CD 1 6/23!!!
    Start vivelle patches 6/25 change e/o/d reduce Lupron to 5iu 6/25 Blood Draw 7/01, 7/08, 7/15, 7/19
    Increase vivelle patches 7/03 2 change e/o/d and 7/05 change e/o/d 3 and 7/07 4 change e/o/d add vaginal estrace 2x a day
    Lining Check/Blood Draw 7/08 and 7/15 End Lupron 7/18  Start PIO 1ml daily 7/18  Blood  Draw 7/19
    Flight to clinic 7/22
    FET 2 CCS BLASTS :):)  7/23 :):) YES YES both thawed and both fully expanded :):)
    7/26 :):) 3dp5dt PM very very faint positive FRER
    7/27: 4dp5dt Neg Digi AM but very very faint positive FRER PM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 1-2 :):) 
    7/31:8dp5dt AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 2-3!!!! :):) 
    Beta 1 8/01= 408!!!!!!!!!! at 9dp5dt FET
    Beta 2 8/03 = 1014!!!!!!!!!! at 11dp5dt FET
    8/05/2015 AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 3+!!!! :):) 
    First Ultrasound: 8/20!!!!!! TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Genetics says BOTH BOYS!!!!!!!!!
    Second Ultrasound: 9/03!!!!!!!!!!

• Congratulations, they're beautiful!!
  • Congratulations!! :)
    I love your taste in names, too. :) We have an Alex(ander), too, and Julia was one of our top contenders for girls names. :)
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Congratulations, glad everything went smoothly!  They are too cute :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • congrats!!!
  • Congratulations to you and your family!  The photos are precious!!
  • Congratulations. Great weights-and I love those names!!! Get some rest and enjoy those little babies!
  • they are too cute, congrats :-) and that's the same exact girl name we chose for our DD!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Congrats!  The pictures are beautiful!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"