Secondary IF

Sperm friendly lube? I can't beleive I am asking this...

I am on clomid and it's side effect is kicking in. I thought I read that there are some sperm friendly lubes out there. Was Astroglide one of them?
Audrey Elizabeth 11-11-06 image

Re: Sperm friendly lube? I can't beleive I am asking this...

• Pre-seed is what I used when I needed something.  GL
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
    TTC #2 since Nov '07
    Tried 4 cycles of Clomid, TI, Gonal-f, and IUI's - all BFFN's
    Both tubes removed Nov '09
    Low AMH = 0.3
    IVF #1 for Feb '10 - cancelled due to poor response - Gonal-f and Repronex
    IVF #1.2 for June '10 - Gonal-f, Menopur, and micro Lupron
    ER - 6/19 (2 retrieved), ET - 6/22 (1 transferred with ICSI), Beta 7/5 = BFFN
    IVF #2 for Nov '10 was cancelled due to poor response - Follistim, Repronex, and micro Lupron
    IVF #2.2 for Feb '11 - Gonal-f, Repronex, and Ganirelix
    ER - 2/24 (8 retrieved), ET - 3/1 (2 transferred with ICSI), froze 3, Beta 3/11 = BFFN
    FET - 4/19 (3 transferred), Beta 4/28 = BFP, EDD 1/4/12
  • I think pre-seed is the only sperm friendly lube on the market.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I think it's a perfectly good question.  For what it's worth, our andrologist told us not to use anything at all... pre-seed does advertise itself as being sperm friendly but it was our dr's opinion that it only interferes with sperm doing what they need to do.
  • pre-seed is the only one I know of.  I dont' think you can get it in stores (at least I've never found it), but you can order it on drugstore.com.  

Good luck!!! 

• imageserarose:
    pre-seed does advertise itself as being sperm friendly but it was our dr's opinion that it only interferes with sperm doing what they need to do.

This is what my RE told me as well.  She told us not to use any lube bc they will all kill or "disable" sperm.  It may not be a problem for you though...we have slight MFI so that is why we are not allowed to use any.  I would ask your dr to find out for sure.

Dx with severe endometriosis. DS#1 conceived with Met and TI. TTC#2 for 2.5 yrs. Dx 2nd IF. 4 clomid cycles, 2 IUIs, Finally IVF#1 w/ICSI worked for us! twins born 35w3d. Unexpected total hysterectomy 6/11. Now on the HRT train.

• cvs now carries something just like preseed. I think its like $18 a bottle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"