Preemies
Options

Viewing party

Who's in? I should be here and watching. Anyone else?

Re: Viewing party

• Options
    Got my bottle of wine, box of chocolates, and a box of tissues ready to go.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagelstaylor73:

D@amn I miss wine...I'll be joining the party and sure to be a hormonal mess.  I cried watching the clip from nbc.com...

• Options

imagelstaylor73:

I'm currently drinking white wine and just age some dark icelandic chocolate with peanut butter.  We must be bossom buddies!

• Options
    imagemek10976:

imagelstaylor73:

I'm currently drinking white wine and just age some dark icelandic chocolate with peanut butter.  We must be bossom buddies!

clearly the wine has already started to take effect...I meant to write "just HAD some dark icelandic..."

• Options
    imagemek10976:
    imagemek10976:

imagelstaylor73:

clearly the wine has already started to take effect...I meant to write "just HAD some dark icelandic..."

LOL!  Then you should be in prime form a half hour from now when it starts.

• Options
    I'll be here and watching.  no wine or chocolate.  :(
    imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I am. I have to get my wine out too.
    Conceived twins with IVF January 2008. Lost baby a at 20 1/2 weeks due to premature rupture of membranes and held onto baby b. Baby b (Brandon) born at 26 weeks and 1 day on July 5, 2008. Wesley born full term on June 29, 2011. My blog http://karenandstu.blogspot.com Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image
  • Options

**digging frantically for Xanax**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It is 30 seconds into it and I'm already tearing up.
  • Options
    Already crying and eating cookies and milk...
  • Options
    I'm already crying. :(
  • Options
    Oh great...and they throw in an animal abuse commercial...thanks a lot...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In tears.  Already gave DH the heads up to bring me another glass.
  • Options
    I heard Michelle's voice crack when she was telling how they learned the gender.  YOu know she broke down there and they edited it so the next line she sounded all put together.  Poor woman.
  • Options

imagelstaylor73:
    I heard Michelle's voice crack when she was telling how they learned the gender.  YOu know she broke down there and they edited it so the next line she sounded all put together.  Poor woman.

I heard that too.  I can't imagine having to film all of this...I'm happy I was in a drug-induced fog the day Campbell was born...

• Options
    Sad  tears are flowing 
  • Options

Too many goshdarned commercials!

• Options

DH says..she seems so tired...All I could think was... MAG!

Cupcakes here!

• Options
    imageTriciaJoy:

Too many goshdarned commercials!

?

I'm thankful for them because it gives me a chance to dry my eyes.?

• Options
    imageclyoungsey:

Cupcakes here!

I didn't even think about her being on mag. SO TRUE!?

• Options
    imageclyoungsey:

Cupcakes here!

at first the mag made me flip out like crazycakes flip out.  It was not pretty. I tried to reason with my doctor that I was ok and I had to go home because it was too early.  

I too have a cupcake! 

• Options
    omg and her other kids were in el salvador??  ugh.
    imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I'm here with my sleeping Sophie on my shoulder.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagehere4u:
    I'm here with my sleeping Sophie on my shoulder.
    Robbie is awake, but on my lap. He noticed I was crying and froze.. like "why is my momma crying?"

• Options

"just pray"

How many times did we say that to people. ::cried harder:: 

• Options

okay, so what did we think?

I wish they'd have spent more time in the hospital discussing the health issues.. less time on the other kids. But other than that, I was okay with it.

• Options
    I agree with TriciaJoy. I'd have liked to see more of josie's story. And the last two minutes... I BAWLED.
  • Options

I think they had to balance the "good" with the "bad" but I would have liked to see more at the hospital. At least they didn't sugar coat how serious pre-e is.

My DH on the other hand couldn't watch.  He announced he was going to bed the first time they showed little Josie.  I only made it because I am nursing off a clogged duct and little Gunner is rolling front to back, back to front cooing and gaa gaaing right near me.

• Options
    imageTriciaJoy:

"just pray"

How many times did we say that to people. ::cried harder:: 

The first time when it was just the gallbladder thing was enough to get me...

• Options

I didn't expect to be sobbing this hard but then when they showed everyone looking at this teeny tiny little thing in the incubator and she looked EXACTLY like Evan, who was only 1oz bigger, I completely lost it. 

I liked it.  It's a continuation of their lives, their show, showing the older kids and the dichotomy of real life moving on while the world stops inside the NICU. We'll see what the next episode brings.  It's not the end of the story by far.  I'll be sobbing next week too.

• Options
    The hardest part for me was and still is the sight of them huddled around the isolette.  It reminded me so much of us looking at Campbell in her isolette and seeing it on TV made me realize how unnatural that was.  Your first view of a baby shouldn't be through plexiglass with cords coming out of every appendage.  DH kept asking me if I was ok and I finally had to YELL at him to shut up and leave me alone.  Hormones, much?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"