Washington Babies
Options

Baby swim in South Sound?

I want to sign Collin and I up for baby swim, but I have not found any in Lakewood except at the Y, and I am not sure I want to join JUST for swimming lessons. Does anyone know of somewhere in the area that offers infant swimming classes?
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Baby swim in South Sound?

• Options
    Check your nearest high school. A lot of them offer red cross swimming classes. We are doing one for my daughter next month
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My brother and I used to always take swim classes at Clover Park High School when we were little. Im not sure if they have infant classes but this might help.. https://www.cloverpark.k12.wa.us/Admin/Facilities.aspx
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    anyone who has gone...do they make you dunk your baby under water?
  • Options
    I have taught some baby classes at the Y using the Red Cross levels and no, you don't need to dunk your baby!  There were kids that were 3 or 4 that were afraid to do it even.  It's more of you holding your child, getting them wet, playing games, that sort of thing.  Learning to be in the water and not be afraid.
  • Options
    Metro Parks offers it at Tacoma high schools, and I'm sure Pierce County Parks and Rec also offers it.  But I found the cost of the Y to be much less than if we'd gone through Metro Parks.  Plus all kids' classes are included in membership, and Toddler Gym is great for even the little crawlers....
  • Options
    BTW you never pay an initiation fee for kids...
  • Options
    we go to the Y in Puyallup - we are all members now but before just Addison was $30/mo and she could do other classes (toddler gym) for the same cost - we love it there. It is month to month too with no joining fee for them (only they have to be a member to take classes) so it really is a good deal for lessons...
  • Options

imagemisseshoneysett:
    anyone who has gone...do they make you dunk your baby under water?

for  us it optional - they have a song where you can dunk if you want - DD doesn't mind it so I do but some parents don't if their kids mind.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"