Trying to Get Pregnant

Poll: PJs in Public

A friend of mine was just telling me that his local grocery store just banned shopping in PJs. Now, I don't do it often, but I am guilty of running out for a few things early on a Sunday morning in my flannel pants and a sweatshirt.

Have you ever shopped, or gone out in public in your PJs?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Poll: PJs in Public

• I am so guilty of it. Especially on my off days.
    My life is so full of love! Lilypie First Birthday tickers Surviving The Wyoming Wind
  • Guilty. How can a store ban what clothing you wear if you are fully clothed?

• Loading the player...
  • The worst I've worn to the grocery store was a pair of yoga pants and an old t-shirt. I've only worn my PJs to a drive-thru for breakfast.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• imageMrs.Umm:

A friend of mine was just telling me that his local grocery store just banned shopping in PJs. Now, I don't do it often, but I am guilty of running out for a few things early on a Sunday morning in my flannel pants and a sweatshirt.

Yes, in your exact attire.  I would stop shopping at that local grocery store.  I find some of the other clothes I see (ultra short mini-skirts on teenage girls, jeans cinched below the butt cheeks with underwear hanging out on gentlemen, etc.) much more offensive than my flannel pants.  I highly doubt anyone was walking into their local grocery store in a teddy.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagemaleigh101:

Guilty. How can a store ban what clothing you wear if you are fully clothed?

My thoughts exactly. I would and do...but of course I sleep in yoga pants and a t-shirt so that is considered clothes and not PJs. 

Heck in the summer people walk in our store in their swimsuits and barefoot and no one says anything to them. But I wish they'd ban swimsuits at least b/c some people are downright disgusting!

ETA: we are near a boat ramp and the lake so that is why the swimsuits happen.

New to 3T? Check out this website first:
    TroubleTTC

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end --Semisonic

**TTC since 04/09, C/P 02/02/10; 4 weeks, 3 days**
    **Dx: Anovulation, Hypothryroidism, Mild Endo, Pituitary Adenoma (prolactin issues), PAI-1, MFI **

**7/10: Clomid + TI= BFN**
    **3/2/11: 1st RE appointment**
    **DH= Morph= 2%, Motility= 30%**
    **HSG= All clear!!**
    **3/11: Femara + Pregnyl + TI= BFN**
    **5/17/11: Laparoscopy / hysteroscopy = mild endo**
    **7/11: Novarel + IUI #1= BFN (7mil, 75% motility, 2% morph)**
    **8/11: Femara + Novarel + IUI #2= BFN (11mil, 35% motility, 1% morph)**
    **11/11: Femara + Novarel + IUI #3= BFN (9mil, 2% morph)**
    **Jan 2012: Follistim (75ius) + IUI #4= CANCELLED due to cyst -put on bcp**
    **Feb 2012: Follistim (75ius) + Novarel + IUI #4.2= BFFN (2.5mil, 13% motility, 1% morph)**
    **Mar 2012: Follistim (100ius) + IUI #5= CANCELLED due to 35mm & 14mm cysts**
    **On med break indefinitely...IF Sucks!**

**Jan 2013: Follistim (100ius) + IUI #5.2= CANCELLED due to high prolactin level, MRI scheduled, pituitary adenoma found, put on Dostinex**
    **Mar 2013: Follistim (100ius) + IUI #5.3= CANCELLED due to uterine polyp, surgery scheduled for polypectomy and D&C**
    **03/22/13: Hysteroscopy, polypectomy and D&C**
    **May 2013: Finally got to start a cycle!!! Follistim (100ius) + IUI #5.4 = BFFN (6mil, 74% motility, 2% morph)** 

**Jun 2013: Decide to start IVF**
    IVF w/ICSI #1 (Long Lupron Protocol)
    06/26/13: Start BCPs
    07/02/13: HSG #2= all clear
    07/15/13: Start Lupron 10 ius
    07/25/13: Suppression check
    07/28/13: Start stims (225IUs Follistim + 75IUs Menopur) drop to 5 IUs Lupron
    08/01/13: Monitoring: 12 follicles all about 10mm, E2- 313
    08/04/13: Monitoring: 18 follicles (15mm, 13mm, a few 11mm, rest 10mm or below) E2- 1,505
    Start Augmentin- antibiotic prep
    08/06/13: Monitoring: 13 follicles (18mm, 17mm, rest b/w 15mm-16mm!) Ready to trigger!! E2- 2,248
    08/08/13: ER-- 14R, 13M, 10F 
    08/11/13: One fertilized late, we now have 11 embryos!
    08/13/13: 5dt-- 2 blasts (Sheldon and Penny) 3AA and 3BB, none to freeze
    8/23/13: BFFN... Sheldon and Penny didn't stick**

**8/29/13: Follow up... bad fragmentation issues. Changing protocol to Antagonist for round #2 coming soon! Also started on 81mg Aspirin after getting blood panel done and found out I have PAI-1**

**Oct 2013: After large cysts, finally starting IVF #2**
    IVF w/ICSI #2 (Antagonist Protocol)
    BCPs started back in Sept due to cysts
    10/27/13: Start stims (225 IUs Gonal-F + 75 IUs Menopur)
    11/03/13 - 11/05/13: Add Ganirelix to the mix
    11/06/13: 3 follicles at 18mm-- Ready to trigger!
    11/08/13: ER-- 17R, 13M, 8F
    11/13/13: 5dt-- 2 blasts (Luke and Leia) 5AB and 4AB, 1 frostie
    11/20/13- 11/23/13: light positives on FRERs and Wondofos
    11/22/13: BFN per RE office (under HCG of 10)
    11/27/13: CP ::sigh::

*12/03/13: Follow up...great response and quality this time, was given 50% chance of it working, just didn't stick. Great plan for 2014! 

**Jan 2014: Last IVF of our SRP**
    IVF w/ICSI, freeze all, then FET
    12/27/13: Start BCPs
    01/19/14: Stims (375 IUs Gonal-F + 75 IUs Menopur)

Congratulations Cutebride!! --TWINS!! Congratulations, Luvie, on your sweet boy! Congrats, Jess! So happy for you ladies! <3<3  
    ~~Also best of luck to Kati, illinigal, and youngin!~~

*S/PAIFW*

• imageJennyAnne022776:
    imageMrs.Umm:

Yes, in your exact attire.  I would stop shopping at that local grocery store.  I find some of the other clothes I see (ultra short mini-skirts on teenage girls, jeans cinched below the butt cheeks with underwear hanging out on gentlemen, etc.) much more offensive than my flannel pants.  I highly doubt anyone was walking into their local grocery store in a teddy.

That is exactly what I said when he told me! LOL

• Once it was bc I was rushing to the hospital and the day of my wedding bc it was one of the few shirts I had that was a button down.  I figured I might as well wear the pants too.

I've also walked down to our laundry room and to the mailbox dozens of time with them on.  We live in a building with a bunch of college students tho and they're doing the same.

I HATE when I see parents coming to pick their children up or coming in for a meeting with me and have pjs on.  Is it really so hard to throw on jeans and a t-shirt and look somewhat more presentable??

• Guilty. How can a store ban what clothing you wear if you are fully clothed?

Easy - nice restaurants ban jeans frequently, or require jackets and ties.  It's their prerogative to dictate what their customers should wear, just like it's your prerogative to tell them to go screw themselves and take your business elsewhere. Wink

That being said, not guilty.  I don't think I've ever gone ANYWHERE in PJs since I was about 7 and rushed to the hospital after bedtime.  Even running out early Sunday morning to grab coffee and bagels sees jeans and a t-shirt/sweater.

I think the PJs as clothing thing came out of people who went to college during the last decade when it suddenly (and inexplicably) became acceptable to wear PJs to class - those people carried it with them into adulthood, and it's gradually been spreading. 

• PJ's in public? not since high school. At the very least I throw on a sweats or something.
  • Once, maybe twice. And it was just some Aero cotton pants. And I was ashamed. LOL

I hate it when you see people in public in FULL pajamas to include a scarf on their head and dirty slippers. Ugh.

• imagezookbride:
    imagemaleigh101:

My thoughts exactly. I would and do...but of course I sleep in yoga pants and a t-shirt so that is considered clothes and not PJs. 

Heck in the summer people walk in our store in their swimsuits and barefoot and no one says anything to them. But I wish they'd ban swimsuits at least b/c some people are downright disgusting!

ETA: we are near a boat ramp and the lake so that is why the swimsuits

happen.

I can only imagine. Ick!  Have you ever gone on peopleofwalmart.com? The things that people are wearing on there should be banned, but pjs come on!

• I have.  I don't make a habit of it, but PJs these days can be pretty cute.  Aerie and VS have some really cute "loungewear".  I have to admit I went to class in my PJs during college frequently, though.  In my defense, they were clean, and I had an 8 a.m. class.
  • I've gone out in yoga pants before, but not flannel or actual pj pants.  I still think it's ridiculous that they have been banned.
  • imagezookbride:
    imagemaleigh101:

ETA: we are near a boat ramp and the lake so that is why the swimsuits happen.

We get this all the time at the deli near us (we're right by the lake, and the deli is at the entrance). At least put on a pair of shorts or something.

*shudder*

• imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic'>Talk about inappropriate exposure of underwear??

• Yes! In college on occasion! One year, I even had classes in the same building as my housing :)  But I was more likely to wear wind pants, much cooler...

But never since.

• imagesbuxsweetie:
    The worst I've worn to the grocery store was a pair of yoga pants and an old t-shirt. I've only worn my PJs to a drive-thru for breakfast.

pretty much this.

• I never left the house in PJ's and I probably never will. It takes just a moment to change into jeans and a shirt, so to me that's not a big deal and I feel much better in it (in public). 

I don't really understand why a store would care so much that they ban it though. There is much worse to wear for grocery shopping than PJ's! :-) 

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• yoga pants/sweats? definitely.  but there are people (adults) in my town in full on spongebob pj's and slippers out and about-that is just laziness IMHO
  • Not since early college.
    imageimage
  • normally if I do I will wear these black baggy sweatpants I have. The one time I did go, I was sick and it was about 9pm to get some cold medicine and I ran into one of my students and their family. Since then I always try to look somewhat presentable!
    image     image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

image    image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I did in my early twenties but I lived in a college town and it is the norm to see a lot of people in public in their jammies. I don't do it anymore unless it is an emergency situation example: DS woke up with a high fever and we rushe him to the hospital in the wee hours of the morning.
  • no NEVER! I
  • imageLilleybug:
    normally if I do I will wear these black baggy sweatpants I have. The one time I did go, I was sick and it was about 9pm to get some cold medicine and I ran into one of my students and their family. Since then I always try to look somewhat presentable!

That's the way it always happens, isn't it? 

• ALLL THE TIME... But only to walmart, save a lot , gas station, local corner store and dollar stores..
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageKatieM1106:

Yes! In college on occasion! One year, I even had classes in the same building as my housing :)  But I was more likely to wear wind pants, much cooler...

But never since.

I maybe on the older edge of the group but wind pants in college was as casual as it got.  And no on the PJ's.  I might wear track pants and that's as casual as I can get.

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• Not since college when I lived on campus (late 90's) and it was 'the thing' to go to class in flannel pj pants and a tshirt or sweat shirt. Now I just wear sweats if I want to lounge around in public. My 'bummin around' in public outfit is my sweats, a tshirt, and a nike baseball cap.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• I just wear sweatpants/yoga pants for pjs.  So, yeah - I've gone to the store in sweatpants before.
  • Absolutely not... why would someone wear PJs in public?  DH and I are always shocked when we see people at the grocery in what are clearly pajama pants.
    TTC #1 since October 2008. Dealing with MFI.
    IVF #1 w ICSI in July 2010 = BFN
    IVF #2.1 in Oct 2010 converted to IUI = BFN
    IVF #2.2 w ICSI in Dec 2010 = BFN
    Met with new RE in new city on 1/31/11.
    IVF #3 w ICSI in April 2011. HPT on 5/9 = BFP!
    Beta #1 on 5/10 (10dp5dt) = 99.4. Beta #2 on 5/12 = 284. First u/s on 5/26. = Fraternal TWINS!
    Twin boys born & lost on 8/16/11 at 18w1d due to PPROM & preterm labor.
    IVF #4.1 in Jan 2012 converted to IUI on 1/7/12 = BFN
    IVF #4.2 w ICSI in Feb 2012. Lupron on 2/10. Stims on 2/18. ER on 2/29- 7R,6F
    ET scheduled for 3/5/12- nothing to transfer :(
    Dh seeing new MFI uro & Dh starting meds- June 2012.
    IVF #5 in Dec 2012 = BFFN.
    IVF #6 planned for Spring 2013. Praying for our take home baby/ies.
    **P/SAIF and P/SAL always welcome!**

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • yep guilty! i think i crossed the line when i went in hubbys huge sweatshirt my uggs and my pg capri i was one of those.... im working on it
  • I've definitely worn my PJ pants to the grocery store, fast food joint, and a couple other places =)
  • Never. How hard is it to throw on a pair of pants?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"