Georgia Babies

Baby shower vent

My best friend is having a baby girl in April and another one of her friends is throwing the shower. I really want to help out with it since she's my best friend and all. But the girl is just asking me send her money. And...she's doing a pink/chocolate theme and most of the menu consists of chocolate. Well, my best friend hates chocolate. And I think a shower menu should consist of stuff that the guest of honor will enjoy for the most part. I guess I could have offered to throw the shower but I threw her one when she had her son 4 years ago. Oh well, I just wish I had a little bit of control since I know I could do a better job since I apparently know her better than the friend who hangs out with her ALL.THE.TIME. :op
Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Baby shower vent

• imageMrs.Guz:
    Well, my best friend hates chocolate.

I don't even know what this means.

Sorry its such a pain.  Maybe the other girl will come around.  Eventually.  

• imageMLvK:

imageMrs.Guz:

Seriously... I can read the words but I can't comprehend.

Have you mentioned this to the hostess?  Maybe she really doesn't know?

• Loading the player...
  • imageMLvK:

imageMrs.Guz:

Sorry its such a pain.  Maybe the other girl will come around.  Eventually.  

I know, I know...she's like from a different planet.

Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Yeah hating chocolate, what's up with that?!

Anyway, I would mention your concerns to the hostess.  What's the worst that could happen? 

• If you don't care what the girl thinks thats planning the shower maybe mention in casual conversation how the mom to be hates chocolate. It always sucks when you know you could be doing a much better job but you just have to bit your lip and let someone else plan a crapy party.?
  • Hating and chocolate do not belong in the same sentence...

• I WISH I hated chocolate...LOL....E apparently hates it so I am going to pretend to be your friend and pretend I hate it, too. This is the hardest acting gig of my life.....lol
    The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)
  • I say you take the money you would spend helping with the shower, and buy a bad a$$ gift instead. Or you could show up early to the shower with trays of food you know the mom will like.

Passive agressive. Love it.

Team Green for #2! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Shmoo is growing up! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"