Upstate NY Babies
Options

Breast milk ?

Hi ladies!  I'm looking at things that I still need to get for this baby.  How do you store your breast milk?  I have seen bags & ice cube trays.  I was leaning towards the trays b/c I can use them in the future when I start fruits/veggies.  Where do I get them?  What kind of storage do you use?
DD1: 3/31/10 DD2: 9/7/11

Re: Breast milk ?

• Options

I used the Lansinoh brand bags- froze them laying flat and then stored them stacked like bricks by order of dates or standing up.  I think this took up a minimal amount of freezer space for the large stash I had in rotation.

• Options

I plan on using this it is the First Years Milk Storage Organizer by Learning Curve. It does exactly what orangeluck described but without the second step.So you put in in the back and it freezes it flat. From the reviews you can use the lid as additional storage but it seems like many mom's bought a second tray. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Bags work great, just make sure you don't fill them up too much (otherwise they tend to burst or the bag seal breaks).  Some of the Target coupon books have had coupons for stuff like that (like Medela or Lansinoh bags).
  • Options
    I use the medela bags and lay them flat to freeze.  I store them in our freezer door and put the oldest in the front and rotate them that way.  That storage thing would work nice, but will fill up fast.
  • Options
    We used the Lanisoh bags...we are hoping to use them soon to mix in with his cereal, as E did not tolerate BM in the bottle.
    imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Lansinoh bags, and I saw this cool way to store them in a gift bag which I'm going to try this time around: https://greenlitebites.com/BreastMilk/

Photobucket
    Charlie 11.01.07 ~ Paul 05.07.10 ~ Annaliese 02.24.12
  • Options
    imagexKimx:

Lansinoh bags, and I saw this cool way to store them in a gift bag which I'm going to try this time around: https://greenlitebites.com/BreastMilk/

The gift bag works great- that's how we stored mine.  

You're going to want to get bags for sure- the capacity of a tray isn't nearly as big as a bag.  I used Lansinoh bags, and then also froze some in a tray when we started solids and needed smaller portions to thin out purees. 

• Options
    Lansinoh bags.
    My first haircut!

Severe MFI - on to IVF w/ ICSI

IVF#1-2: BFN
    IVF#3: BFP! - 1/24: ET - 5d - 2 blasts - 2/02: Beta #1: 16.2 ...... 2/04: Beta #2: 35 ...... 2/09: Beta #3: 401.5 - I'm pregnant! - 2/13: u/s #1 - baby boy, due 10/12, born 10/16! ...... 8 lbs 0 oz, 22 inches! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"