Northern California Babies
Options

SIL Lost her baby.

We took our HPT's the same day, and she and her husband had been trying for months. I don't know what to say, what to do...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: SIL Lost her baby.

• Options
    I'm sorry, that is going to be a tough situation when you have your little one.  I don't know what to advise you to do, since I have not been in this situation.  Hugs and my thoughts to your family.
  • Options
    I am so so sorry. I think the best thing to do is express condolences, of course, and then follow her lead. Probably she won't want to see anyone pregnant for a little bit and you can let her know you are there if she wants to see you or talk, but you understand if she needs some time to mourn alone. Poor thing, I can't imagine how upset she must be. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

So sorry for your family's loss.

Right Hug

Lilypie Maternity tickers"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm so sorry... the same thing happened to us... it was actually my BIL telling us his GF was pg that made me realize I was late and then test the next day... just be aware and don't force yourself (or the baby) on them... I've noticed that BIL is much more at ease with Max these days, as he gets less and less baby-like and more like a kid he can just talk to, KWIM? (It probably doesn't help that he and the GF broke up after the loss, so she isn't around any more...)

(((HUGS)))

• Options
    hugs!  ditto what everyone else has said
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for her loss.  I would just tell her how sorry you are...and that you are there if she wants to talk or needs anything...but you also understand that it might be painful for her.  Don't take it personally if she avoids you for a while. Although it's so nice to be able to share a pregnancy with someone, it really really hurts to be the one who "lost" their baby while the other goes on to have a healthy child.  It's a long term/forever reminder of what could have been/should have been.  :(
    Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    I'm so sorry T, how sad.
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your familys loss. I think you should just let SIL know that you will be there for her.
  • Options
    Aww I'm so sorry for SIL's loss. Just try to be there for her when she asks! Hugs to you and your family!
  • Options

Big hugs - to you and SIL. I had a friend due two weeks after me and she had a miscarriage as well. I offered my support on the phone and sent her a card letting her know I was thinking of her and there for her, then followed her lead. I don't know that there is much else you can do or say.

imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"