Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Anyone get thier tubes tied?

Because of medical reasons this will be my last pg. I am thinking since I will be having a csection I might as well get my tubes tied to make sure we have no unplanned pg's in the future (another option would be getting DH snipped). However if you have had your tubes tied I am wondering how much more recovery time you needed and how it has been. TIA!

Re: Anyone get thier tubes tied?

• Options
    There is a chance I could need a c/s (hx of big babies), so we talked about it....  however, I am delivering at a Catholic hospital, so they won't do it!  DH can get snipped as my anniversary gift (2 weeks after baby is due!)
  • Options
    imagecmeon_the_water:

I had a tubal ligation at my last c-section (Gwen) and it was a total non-event. She did it very quickly, and there was no impact on my recovery at all (this time was much, much easier). And it was cheap to do it this way, too. :)

We had always planned to have my husband get the snip, but, because I needed a repeat c-section, this was the way to go for us- and no regrets. :)

I know medically another child would cause lots of complications and we both are in agreement this will be our last child but I just feel like it is so perminant and that I would regret it. But then again nothing to regret cause I KNOW I only want 2 children.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagebrideatbeach:

I know medically another child would cause lots of complications and we both are in agreement this will be our last child but I just feel like it is so perminant and that I would regret it. But then again nothing to regret cause I KNOW I only want 2 children.

I know exactly what you mean. I am only 24 (was 22 when I had the tubal done) but also had medical complications. DH and I discussed him getting snipped and he nixed it right away. I knew that I was having a csection so I was ok with that. We discussed it with my doctor (I was high risk) and she consented to do the tubal. 

There are days that I really miss the baby stage and wish I could do it again but then I think about everything I had to go through to keep Rory safe and I'm glad about the decision I made. I'm happy with the fact that I now get to watch my children grow up and concentrate on them without having to worry about having another baby. 

The recovery time wasn't any different since I was already open for the csection. And I didn't even really have a long recovery from that. It was a lot better than I was imagining. If you have any questions for me, PM me or page me. Good luck with your decision.

• Options

Yep, after DD#2 was born via c-section.  Once we knew she was a girl, we decided to be done.  Had she been a boy, we may have gone for one more.  While I'll miss having babies around, I have 3 nieces, 1 nephew and 1 niece or nephew due to arrive between May and August:)  Otherwise, I'm glad we're done!

As for recovery, I felt there wasn't anything different in regards to recovering from the c-section itself.  I have heard/read that some ladies experience heavier menstrual cycles, but mine stayed pretty normal, even shorter/lighter sometimes.

DD#1~8/17/96------DS~10/24/05 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"