North Carolina Babies
Options

If your DC Is off formula/BM, what time to they eat dinner?

Holly is still on 2 bottles of formula a day.. we're about to phase out the one before naptime, but she'll still have the one before bed around 7:15. She eats dinner at around 5:15. I feel like if we drop this bottle, she'll wake up hungry and not sleep all night... Do you do a bed time snack or anything? Should I move her dinner to a later time?

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

Re: If your DC Is off formula/BM, what time to they eat dinner?

• Options

We just dropped Will's night time bottle this week..... I do offer him a sippy with milk when he is getting ready for bed though b/c I worry about the same thing.  For the most part though he is waking at the same time in the morning.  I do try to feed him around 6:00 and he goes to bed around 7.

Good luck!  Will really hasn't seemed to mind going to bed w/o a bottle.  We have one to go though, first thing in the morning bottle, I think that one is going to be hard.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD eats at 6 then I offer her a sippy of milk right before bed during her story time.  She's usually in the crib by 7.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been experimenting with no night bottle. It usually means she will have an afternoon bottle around 4/4:30 and dinner around 5:30 and that is it, asides from water for the night, that also means she only has 3 bottles a day now. So far she has not woken up hungry. Last night she did wake up and cry twice, like at 7 and then 9, but went right back to sleep, I also think that had to do with her going to bed earlier because she skipped a nap. On a normal night after the 5:30 dinner she will have bath and then be in bed no later than 6:45.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I give her water w/ dinner (dinner is around 5:30pm). And then before bed, I give her an 8oz sippy of milk w/ a treat - graham crackers, animal crackers, nilla wafers, etc.Her bedtime is around 7-7:30 (just depending on how well she napped that day, and if she finished her milk sippy fast).

She hasn't every woken up hungry, and when she sleeps in until 9am, though, her stomach will growl when she gets up - to which I give her a 6-8oz sippy of milk right away. 

• Options

Holly will fart around with a sippy of milk, but never finishes one. And the ones I make are only like 3-4 oz because of that. Do your DC's really drink a whole 8 oz sippy of milk? I think this is what has made me so hesitant about dropping the bottles. She doesn't mind milk, but does not drink the same amount (or anywhere close) as she does formula (her bottles now are about 1/3 milk, 2/3 formula). Luckily, she is a great eater and food is not an issue.

Ugh.. This stresses me out! We're taking it slow. :-)

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Options
    imageMrsHughesNC:

Holly will fart around with a sippy of milk, but never finishes one. And the ones I make are only like 3-4 oz because of that. Do your DC's really drink a whole 8 oz sippy of milk? I think this is what has made me so hesitant about dropping the bottles. She doesn't mind milk, but does not drink the same amount (or anywhere close) as she does formula (her bottles now are about 1/3 milk, 2/3 formula). Luckily, she is a great eater and eats great.

Ugh.. This stresses me out! We're taking it slow. :-)

Savannah has actually been off the bottle, and on the (straw) sippy since she was 10 months old ... she HATED the bottle, so the transition was easier for us. She'll drink from her sippy no problem, but sometimes it'll be w/in 10 minutes, sometimes it might take 45 minutes. It just depends on her appetite. 

And unlike Holly, Savannah doesn't eat food great, but is just the opposite - and has always done well w/ her milk/sippy. Maybe they could each have a talk about the one they are good at - to each other? :)

ETA: Maybe Holly just doesn't drink as much milk as she does formula, though, b/c milk is much more filling? I know they only need around 16ish oz of milk per day. Savannah has about 16-20, depending on the day (but again, she is a PICKY eater, too, so this offsets the milk!).

• Options

Caleb eats dinner around 6 and goes to bed around 7:30. He barely nurses before bed now. He still sleeps all night.

I don't think the amount of milk is so important - she's getting most of her calories from food now! 

image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • Options

When I weaned Brooks from bottle we continued with dinner at same time as usual. Instead of bottle at night, he got a sippy of milk. We then just changed his milk after a while to water at night and he upped his intake earlier in the day of milk.

Caroline is now only nursed for her bedtime routine - but I don't think she's really getting much nutrition from this, I think she's comfort nursing at this time. I will offer her a sippy of milk when we drop this feeding too.

image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

• Options
    Jack didnt have a bottle every nite as part of his bedtime routine...it was around bed time but varied based on his previous bottles. He did a great job switching to milk and took to it the first time we gave it to him in a sippy. We do things with when he gets his milk a lil different then most people. He gets breakfast in the morning which is food and his sippy of milk. Then around noonish he has lunch but has water to drink. Around 2-3pm he has a snack and a sippy of milk. Then we have dinner around 6-6:30ish and he has a sippy of water with that as well. Then within 30 min to an hour after dinnner he will ask for his milk sippy and has that prolly an hour or so before bed. He's never been one to wake up from being hungry and need to have a bottle in the middle of hte nite and still doesn't wake up hungry. even though he's a great eater we offset the bottles from dinner to make sure he's getting enough calories into his body.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Natalie had been eating dinner at 6 p.m. and then got a sippy of milk while we read books at bedtime (was 7 p.m., in crib by 7:30).  We've since dropped the sippy of milk and we now all eat dinner together at 7.  She's in bed by 8:30.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Maddie used to eat dinner right at 6 and have about a half a sippy of milk (usually what was leftover from dinner) while we read her books before bed, at about 7:30.

In the last couple of months, I have been trying to do family dinners, which means her eating dinner at about 7/7:15, and no milk before bed. Now that we brush her teeth before bed every night, I figure it's not helpful to follow that up with a sippy of milk, lol!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"