Multiples
Options

What do we need to have at the changing table?

I haven't really registered too much for lotions, diaper rash ointments or powders, etc.  I figured we would buy that. 

So what do we HAVE to have, and what else would be helpful to have handy...besides diapers and wipes?  And do we need giant tubs/tubes of everything since it's twins? 

Thanks Ladies!

Kari

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: What do we need to have at the changing table?

• Options
    we buy wipes at costco since we go through soooo many wipes (and diapers too) but we just use normal everything else.  We have some butt paste for their diaper rashes and some nighttime lotion for after their bedtime baths.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Our pNP changing table has diapers, wipes, A&D (the regular kind, we use it before bed to protect them, everyone does the diaper cream thing differently...) some zinc oxide/butt paste stuff just in case, a little wash cloth to cover DS when we're changing to prevent getting hit with a spray (don't use so much anymore but it was handy in teh beginning when it happened a lot more), vaseline in the beginning for his circumcision and a bottle of purell/hand sanitizer.

On the changing table/dresser in the nursery we have a basket/caddy that has all the same stuff plus a pump bottle of lotion to put on after bath/before PJs.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We just have diapers, wipes, cloth diapers (we use them as burp cloths), blankets, SwaddleMe's, a few extra onesies, and 2 bulb aspirators, each girl has their own with their initial.  (We haven't used the aspirators in a while now, but I was using them pretty often for the first 2-3 weeks.) This is all in the changing table in our bedroom upstairs.

We have Balmex downstairs in our medicine cupboard just in case we need it (haven't yet).  Lotion is also downstairs because that's usually where we end up using it : )

• Options
    If you decide you want to use powder, make sure its talc free.  Many recommend not to use powder at all though b/c of the respiratory issues
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Diapers, wipes, lap pads, burp cloths (we're using cloth diapers for these), A&D (big tub of regular plus tubes of regular and zinc oxide kind), Desitin, Q-tips, first aid kit (thermometer, nail clippers, medicine droppers), tylenol, gas drops, vaseline, lotion, cornstarch powder and bath stuff (shampoo, body wash, etc.)

Most of it was shower gifts, so I have a mix of  sizes and types (I didn't plan on using powder, got some anyways) and my table also has a large, flat drawer where we store a lot of the meds, tubes of cream, Q-tips, etc.  I have cloth bins that I put the rest in on the two shelves.  I think I also put spare sheets in one of the bins as well so they were easy to access at night.

image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!!  Definitely helped me make our list!  And given your responses about powder, I'll skip that for sure.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"