Washington Babies

preschool stress - UPDATE

I'm so so so so so bummed and stressed about preschool.  This is ridiculous.  I'm on 3 wait lists already.  I went to the open lottery for my 2nd choice school today and put our name in.  They said they'd do the lottery draws and call this morning, and that they're usually done around noon.  and of course it's 11:55 and I haven't gotten called yet.  WTF?  I can't catch a break at all.  So I'm sure if/when they call, I'm going to end up on yet another wait list.   I just want Ben to go to a non-disgusting pre-school.  I'm not being super picky.  I just want something that seems fun and engaging and not stiff and academic.   How hard can that be?  Apparently too hard.   I'm sick about this.  and it's freaking January and school doesn't start til September, and I'm already on wait lists???????   Luckily (I guess) I put Cooper on 2 wait lists already so hopefully he'll get in in 2012.

UPDATE!!   We got in!!   OMG  They started calling late she said.  I was 20th in the lottery.   Now if my friend gets in too I'll be thrilled!

Re: preschool stress - UPDATE

• I am sorry your having such a hard time Jill.  I think I know which one we want M to go to, I need to get some more info from one then make the final decision.  We are torn as we found out this week we could go to the private school my Mom works at and get 50%discount.  It makes it a little cheaper then the place we are looking at, but it's in Lynnwood which would be a commute. And I would have to stay in that area, as driving back/worth twice would be stupid!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Caldwell that's a tough call - my two choices are sort of like that - one school I LOVE that's not close to me, and the other school I like a lot, that's right here by me.  IT's the close one that I just got into.   and you know now I'll end up getting off the wait list for something and I'll be in a tizzy trying to figure out what to do.
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats!!! Can I ask which school it is?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'll send you a message on FB>
  •  I'm still bummed Cruz and Ben won't get to go to preschool together! But I'm so glad that you got into the one that you were also looking at!  This preschool thing is over the top! 

imageimage Brothers! image
  • I know it's ridiculous!

It's going to kill me if I get off teh wait list at your school though - I dont know now which one I'd choose.   I like them both in different ways....  Oh well, I guess I won't pre-worry about something that probably won't happen.

• YAY Jill! I'm so happy he got in because I know you were stressing about it! You have me motivated to start looking into preschools for Collin for 2011. It's right around the corner, after all. ;)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Yay!  Glad you got in!!

I haven't even thought of preschool.  Maybe I should start!  :)

• imageAshleyKimberlyn:

Yay!  Glad you got in!!

I haven't even thought of preschool.  Maybe I should start!  :)

There are a few schools that do 2's, so you could start him in the fall even if you were interested in that. They're usually 2 mornings a week.  

• Oh wow, I haven't even started looking, and Evie is almost 2.  Will you send me a message on FB as well adn let me know which ones you like?  I have a whole bunch of info on different preschools in the area, but I haven't really gotten too deep into it yet.  There are so many choices that it's a little overwhelming.
  • Congratulations on making it in!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm so glad you got in, that is a big stress relief!
    Photo by J. Shelton Photography
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageMy Blog
  • I'm so glad Ben got in! What a big relief!
    Love: 8/2000 | Marriage: 7/2005 | Baby makes three: 3/28/2007 | And one more makes...SIX?
    Steal my kids picture or pretend they are yours, I will find where you live and ship all of their dirty diapers to your doorstep. Promise. image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"