Washington Babies
Options

Im so upset....

when i graduated from HS my mom gave me her ruby and diamond earrings.   They were little flowers with a ruby as the center and about 6 diamonds around them... 

I am terrible at leaving them (and all jewelry) evrywhere...  I must have taken them off and left them on the kitchen counter.   Tony just found them in the disposal.   I am so sad and angry with myself...   I dont have much from my mom and those earrings were precious to me, and I had hoped to give them to Audrey one day, since rubies are all of our birthstones (my moms too and the twinks due date 7/28 was my moms birthday)

I can even process this right now...  I want to sob, and I cant bring myself to.   Im numb.    I am grateful to have her emerald/diamond earrings and her e-ring and emerald diamond wrap that goes with it (which is engraved to her from me on her birthday when I was 2 weeks old)    but I am just sick about this.....   sigh.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Im so upset....

• Options
    Oh no!  Do you think they're salvageable?  I've heard great things about Greenlake Jewelers, perhaps they can repair/rebuild them?
  • Options
    oh no, they are shredded and the gems gone...  I am sick.   I will NEVER leave anything lying around again.... 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

oh no!!!   my stomach hurts thinking about it!

I have a tiny little box that is near my kitchen sink that I put things in if I take them off to do dishes or whatever... maybe you need to get some little "places" to specifically keep things if you want to take them off?

I'm sooooo sorry.  That's just heartbreaking.

Maybe you could go to Greenlake Jewelers and have replicas made?  Even though they're not the exact ones, they'll still remind you of your mom that way?

• Options
    Oh Beth, I'm so sorry!  That makes me sad just thinking about it =(  
    imageimageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image . Ice Ice Binky Formerly FutureMrsLynch
  • Options

imageBethS2006:
    oh no, they are shredded and the gems gone...  I am sick.   I will NEVER leave anything lying around again.... 

Oh I'm so sorry Beth, I can imagine how you'd be devastated! 

• Options

Oh no, how devastating!  I am so sorry to hear this.  

imageSeattle_JiLLn:

Maybe you could go to Greenlake Jewelers and have replicas made?  Even though they're not the exact ones, they'll still remind you of your mom that way?

I second this suggestion.  I had them design some pieces for my wedding (I worked with Adrienne who was great) and had a terrific experience.  It won't bring back the originals but it might make for a nice way to remember her.  Maybe you could even make two sets- one for you and one for Audrey when she's old enough to wear them and you can both feel connected to your mom that way.  (((Hugs)))

image Visit The Nest!

• Options
    I'm so sorry Beth.  Big hugs to you.
  • Options

I'm so, so sorry.  :(

The Greenlake Jewelry idea isn't a bad one.  We worked with Harry there - he's awesome. 

• Options
    I'm so sorry Beth that is so sad!  I'm sure your very angry at the world right now!  I'm sure though that you will never leave any more jewelry around like that again so maybe something good did come out of it? 
    imageimage Brothers! image
  • Options
    Thanks Girls....   I think I may go buy a jewelry box today...  :)
  • Options
    Aw, Beth, I am so sorry. I know how you feel -- on a slightly smaller scale, but still -- DH gave me amethyst earrings for my birthday in 2007, which were the birthstone of the baby we lost. They were meant as a memorial type of thing, and I love them ... and lost one of them while I was PG with Collin and have never been able to find it. I was reckless and left them on the bathroom counter and I bet one fell down the drain. It makes me choked up just thinking about it. So I am sending you a huge :::hug:::
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm so sorry!  I can't even imagine how heartbreaking that is!
  • Options
    Oh no Beth, I'm sorry.  :(  Hugs mama!
  • Options
    Oh no!!!  I'm so sorry Beth!! 
  • Options
    I'm so sorry Beth! Left HugRight Hug
  • Options

That would be upsetting to me, too.  I'm sorry, Beth!

Photo by J Shelton Photography

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married 10/5/08 | 2 yrs of TTC, tests, procedures & a m/c | IVF #2 =James!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry :(  I hope you can get them replaced at least.
    Welcome to the world Finley Michael - born 2/13/2010 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers pregnancy
    Baby Sister is coming soon!
  • Options
    Oh no, that would be devastating, I'm so sorry.
    Photo by J. Shelton Photography
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageMy Blog
  • Options

I am so, so sorry, Beth ::::hugs:::::

• Options

Lurker jumping in with a possible solution...have hubby check the pea trap under the sink - there's a possiblity that they have'nt gone past that - it's the low spot and designed to keep bulk stuff from going into the sewer - it's a long shot but worth taking apart some pipes to find out for sure. (Pea trap is the U shaped pipe at the bottom of the pipe under the sink)

*back to lurking*

• Options
    I'm so sorry! That's terrible!
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear that Beth. I think a replica set would be special as well. I wish I could help you out... You've had a rough few weeks lately.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"