Indiana Babies

RP: Graco vs Chicco infant seat?

* I posted this on the nurseries and baby gear forum, but wanted to get some opinions from you ladies as well. 

We had decided on the Graco snugride 35 in flint, but just got to see it in person and I'm not a fan (some of the fabric is velour-like).

I'd still like to use a higher length/weight limit seat so we're thinking about either the Chicco keyfit 30 or the graco snugride 32/35. I prefer the graco but I'm not finding a pattern that I like.
We're getting the UppaBaby Vista, so it needs to be a graco, chicco, or peg perego primo (which I love but it's too heavy for my taste).

What are the pros and cons between the two brands? I know that the chicco doesn't fit into shopping carts which was one of the reasons we were going with the graco (yes, I realize this is considered unsafe.)
Anything else that I should know before deciding?

Thanks!

Re: RP: Graco vs Chicco infant seat?

• We have the Chicco Keyfit, 22 lb limit, I wanted to get a higher limit seat but after seeing the prints on the higher rated seats and the TS stroller that we liked we ended up with that.  We had to put L in a conv. seat at 6 mos because she hated riding at such a recline.  She was 16 lbs and 27ish inches.  She was 22.1 lbs and 29.5" at her 12 mo appt, at almost 13 mos, so she could have made it until 1 in the smaller seat.  And FWIW, L was 9 lbs at birth.

And fitting into shopping carts, some we could get the seat to go on the front and other places we had to put it in the basket part, I didn't think it was much of an issue. 

• We based our decision on the stroller...we both liked the Chicco stroller a lot better than the Graco.  The handle adjusts up farther, and for some reason I kicked the wheels of the Graco when I pushed it.  But I guess the UppaBaby Vista is a stroller?  The whole fitting in a carseat thing wasn't a big deal, because one of us just wore Ben when we went grocery shopping with him when he was that little.  He basically hated being in the car seat unless we were in the car and in motion. 

• Loading the player...
  • I have really been happy with the Chicco keyfit 22 that came with out travel system.  They have a very high safety rating which is why we chose this infant carrier.  I was somewhat concerned about getting the lower weight limit infant carrier but am so glad that I did.  DD would probably be 3 years old by the time she reaches 30 lbs.  She is almost 13 months now and is 18 lbs 28 1/2 inches tall.  She still fits in the keyfit 22 and I suspect (and hope) that she will be able to get through the winter in it.  We have the convertible ready for when she outgrows this one.  It does make it very convenient to carry her in the infant carrier to and from the car.  We don't have much of an issue with the shopping cart.  We just put her in the basket part.  I will warn you that even at 18 lbs, the car seat feels extremely heavy and is getting very hard to carry.  I can't even imagine carrying around a 30 lb baby no matter what the age in an infant carrier.  Way too heavy for me!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"