High-Risk Pregnancy

Contractions or not?

Hi there,

I am new and posted for the 1st time yesterday. I am going on 5 days of bedrest until baby is here.  Today I started experiencing some pain in between my belly button and my right hip.  It always happens in the same spot.  It makes my right thigh feel sore.  It only lasts about 15 seconds.   I have been keeping track of how many times and it has only been twice in the last 3-4 hours.  I know the doc said not to worry unless it happens more then 4 times in an hour... so that is why I haven't called.  I am just resting... as usual ha ha ha.  But my hubby is making me nervous because I didn't call doc.  I have my baby shower tomorrow and don't want to miss it... as it is the only thing I am going to be able to do.  I figure if it still hurts tomorrow I will call.  Should I be worried?  I have no idea what a contraction feels like.  It's funny that people always ask you questions you don't know the answer to (this is my first baby).... like I know what it feels like... ha ha ha.  Let me know your thoughts.  Have a relaxing day!! :)

m/c 4/08 m/c 7/08 m/c 1/09 Septate uterus fixed 4/2/09 Son born 2/26/10 Baby girl due 7/6/12 On bedrest at 20 weeks...Stick baby stick!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Contractions or not?

• Does your stomach get really hard when it happens? They say a contraction is at least 30 seconds. I think you're fine but if they increase or if you're nervous about it I would call; thats what they're there for! Hope you get to enjoy your shower tomorrow! GL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I felt my contractions mostly in my hip so I would say it is possible. Hopefully you can make it to your shower tomorrow. Are you drinking lots of water? Someone told me that if you are dehydrated contractions will be worse. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"