Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Long cycles & Prometrium...

Good morning girls :) 

I had my second m/c 3 weeks ago and I had the RPL panel done- it came back negative, I don't have any clotting disorders.  I have really long, irregular cycles (45-55 days) and my doctor said this could be affecting the quality of my eggs and my uterine environment.  She suggested Clomid once we are ready to try again in a few months to make me ovulate more regularly.

Question for you- I never got to talk to the doctor yesterday because one of her cronies usually calls me back (I'm pretty annoyed with this and looking to find a new doc.).  She said that I could use Prometrium to start my cycles right now- she said start taking it on day 28 if I haven't gotten my period yet (which, obviously, I won't have).  I just want to know if it is healthy to manually jumpstart my cycles like this...I am eager to because I don't want to have to wait 6 months to try again (because of my long cycles), but I'm not sure if it is the right thing to do...interfering with nature & all...

If you read all of this- thanks!!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Long cycles & Prometrium...

• Options

Gosh, I'm just not sure. I have always had really long cycles too, 36-55 days. I had a chemical pregnancy in April and my dr. said it was likely a poor quality egg due to my long ass cycles. But then in September we discovered I am hyper-insulin, which can cause cycle problems. She put me on metformin in September and I started charting, got my first good ovulation on CD 18 (still a little late) in my November cycle and boom, pregnant. But then we discovered the blighted ovum last week. She again said probably due to poor egg quality. She has suggested combining the metformin (for cycle regulation) and clomid (for egg strengthening) when we start to TTC again.

I'm not sure if that helped you or not. But it sounds like maybe we are both dealing with egg strength issues due to cycle length.

• Options

I was interested in your post.  I have really long cycles, too.  (45-50days)  After our m/c my doctor told us to wait three cycles before trying again.  She made it sound like it wasn't a big deal that my periods were longer. However, I am concerned.  Did this cause the m/c?  I am still waiting to start from our m/c in December.  I have also read that some cycles change after a m/c.  So I guess we will see. 

I am so sorry for your losses.  I hope that you find the answers and help you are looking for.  Best wishes to you and your husband. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have had long cycles my whole life. It took us 1.5 years of trying before I went on Clomid. I got PG on cycle 4, but then lost that to m/c. I was frustrated with Clomid as I read that there was a higher rate of m/c from using it, and I did not want to go through that again.

A friend of mine had been through 5 miscarriages. After the last one, she researched everything she could to figure out what to do, and she discovered and tried Chinese herbs and acupuncture. She swears it allowed her to go on to have her 2 healthy children. She did not have trouble conceiving like I had, but she could not keep them longer than 12 weeks.

After my miscarriage, she gave me the book she read for more info about Chinese medicine and acupuncture. The book talked about this being able to help people with unusual cycles. Here is a link to the book at Amazon, it was also in my local library: https://www.amazon.com/Infertility-Cure-Ancient-Wellness-Pregnant/dp/0316159212/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1260077236&sr=8-1

(You can also see the positive reviews at the bottom from others who did it as well, including those who were given no hope of having kids, etc.)

I googled Chinese medicine and acupuncture in my city and found a practitioner that specialized in infertility issues. I went to her, and she told me to wait 3 months before TTC again while she worked on me weekly. As I was doing this therapy, I noticed a change in my cycle, it was heavier and more regular than it used to be. Then, after she let us try again, I became PG on month 2 of TTC! Unfortunately, we just lost our baby at 22 weeks due to suspected placental abruption, but I am starting to go back to my Chinese practitioner again for help with next time.

Whatever you try, I wish you the best of luck,

(((HUGS)))

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

In my Think Tank, KM, Porteen + LowePro bags: Canon 5D Mark III / 5D Mark II
    16-35mm 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 24-70mm 2.8L, 50mm 1.2L, 85mm 1.2L, 100mm 2.8L IS, 70-200mm 2.8L IS
    Lensbaby Composer + 0.42x SuperWide, Holga Lens, Speedlite 580EXIIs + PWs,
    Mac LR4 + CS6 + Nik Editing Suite
  • Options
    Thanks for the information.  I am going to check out the book. 
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing your stories girls!  I'm going to call the doc again tomorrow and try to get some more clarification...
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"