North Carolina Babies

Wilkerson OB Raleigh

Hi,

?Any opinions? Good, Bad?

I am concerned about rotating the doctors. The few times I have gone it seems like they have not even read my chart! The last time I went due to feeling dizzy the nurse actually said, "Are you Pregnant"?!!! Mind you I am 9 weeks and have gone there for 3 ultrasounds due to spotting, so she obviously did not even look at my chart.

?

Would love to hear your experiences!

Thanks!

?

Re: Wilkerson OB Raleigh

• I swear half the Raleigh girls on the board go here--I did and had a WONDERFUL experience. I didn't have any issues with any of the doctors there and I feel I got excellent care. The nurses are busy and I don't think they read everything in your chart before they see you. I swear I called 50 times to talk to the advise nurse and it was the same one and I KNOW she knew my name by the time it was over with, but every time she asked if I was pregnant. :)

My personal experience was great and I will use them again for my second pregnancy as well as my regular GYN. 

Also, don't be offended if not a lot of girls respond to this post--we have had several "Wilkerson" posts in just the past week or so. :) You can try using the search feature, (not sure if it's working again) to see other responses from all the other ladies. Good luck and congrats! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers /">< imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I do not go to Wilkerson, but unless you go to a very small practice, you will have to rotate through all of the doctors. They do this so you can at least meet them all, since you never know who will be on call when you go in labor.

GL and congrats!

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Loading the player...
  • imageMrsHughesNC:

I do not go to Wilkerson, but unless you go to a very small practice, you will have to rotate through all of the doctors. They do this so you can at least meet them all, since you never know who will be on call when you go in labor.

GL and congrats!

I was going to say the same thing, and at my practice, even if I saw the same doc a few times, they always repeat everything and ask the same questions. I think that is just how they are, they are super cautious. I remember saying a few times how I didn't think they read the charts and I had been going there 3 years before I got pregnant! I go to Blue Ridge OBGYN and really like them.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMrsHughesNC:

I do not go to Wilkerson, but unless you go to a very small practice, you will have to rotate through all of the doctors. They do this so you can at least meet them all, since you never know who will be on call when you go in labor.

GL and congrats!

I dont go there either but agree with Hughes about any larger practices you have to cycle through so u can get to know them all so u feel comfortable with whoever delivers. And about the chart thing..im sure they have to ask the questions and like LaLa said are prolly pretty busy. It could just be that one nurse too that wasn't thorough. I dont know but good luck!

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • ditto Hughes on the larger practices.

I go to Wilkerson & cannot sing enough praise about them.  ALL of the doctors are amazing.

I wills ay that by the end of my pregnancy, I did feel "known" at the practice.  The front desk staff DEFINITELY knew me & it was very sweet that I would walk in the door & she'd smile & say, "I already grabbed your chart, honey."  I always got one of two nurses on the advice line, so I really trusted them at the end.

Another thing that I feel is so important is that the doctors are FANTASTIC about calling you personally.  After my m/c, I put in a call to the advice nurse, but Dr. Martin herself called me back over the nurse, even though the nurse could have handled it.

& they were amazing during labor & delivery.  Loads of patience, encouragement, & reassurance.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"